Originally Posted By: Ellis
...OK REV--it seems we now know what is not GOD. Perhaps now you could explain what is the state that we can recognize as 'the existence of godness'.
POTENTIALLY, IMSO (In my sincere opinion), WE ARE FREE TO BE GOD-LIKE--if we so choose.

OK, Ellis: I apologize if this response is rather too long, but it is for both you and Kallog.

Instead of achieving "godness", as you put it, I like to think we are here and free to choose to be GOD-like, or NOT. Use Good/Nature-like, if you prefer.

I agree that, physically speaking, nature can be a very cruel master. This is especially true if we are ignorant of the laws of nature. Or worse still, if we consciously choose to be ignorant of and willfully blind about the physical, mental and spiritual laws of all of life, not just the natural sciences.

I am well aware that we are free to remain at DOG-like (diabolic, ominous and gruesome)--level of evolution. And I am not speaking disparagingly of well-loved and trained pets. But keep in mind that nature in the raw is red in tooth and claw. It is no Disney movie about Bambi.

Scientists agree that it was late on in the process of evolution that BIGger brains, especially in our animal-like human ancestors, began to evolve in response to the new challenges to survival posed by new circumstances. Perhaps spirituality began when our ancestors started to use artistic symbols--which later became writing--to keep a record of who they were on the walls of their caves--the beginning of history and religion.

http://www.youramazingbrain.org/insidebrain/brainevolution.htm

THE FOLLOWING ESSAY JUST CAME TO ME, TODAY--EXCELLENT STUFF!

IMSO (In my sincere opinion), right now we are on the cusp of a new evolutionary potential. Take a look at this essay below:

Born on Earth:
Sexuality, Spirituality, and Human Evolution
Marina T. Romero and Ramon V. Albareda

Our main intention in this article is to shed light on certain aspects of the present moment in human evolution. More concretely, we want to identify a new evolutionary potential from the perspective of the historical development of human consciousness. Before we describe this new evolutionary potential, however, it is essential to say some words about the nature and origin of the following reflections. Our article is not the product of a theoretical study, but an attempt to convey some of the fruits that we have harvested during several decades of lived, practically-based inquiry, with the help of the experience of hundreds of individuals in healing and psycho-spiritual processes....

A New Evolutionary Potential
A new evolutionary potential is currently available to human beings. For the first time in human history, we believe it is possible to integrate what we call the “dark energy” with the “energy of consciousness,” not only in isolated or extraordinary individuals, but also on a collective level. The dark energy is the source and organizing principle of what we call the “vital-primary” dimension of life. Its quality is dense, and its state of unity is amorphous and undifferentiated 2. ...

http://participatorystudies.com/2011/03/22/born-on-earth-sexuality-spirituality-and-human-evolution/

====================
IMSO, the only verb I feel comfortable using when I speak of GOD is the verb 'to be': GOD is.

Therefore, like John I say, GOD is Love--the highest good. Also, GOD is Light, Life, Lever, Liberty, Limitless, Luxury, Lucidity, Lyrical, Laureate, Luck, Longevity, Logos, Logical, long-suffering and the like.

All we need to do is agree to take action and connect with this highest good. Thus all the physical, mental and spiritual supply we need will come when we are truly ready to receive it.

DON'T FORGET TO FEED YOUR SPIRIT
Just as food, water and air are there to feed our bodies; philosophy, knowledge, wisdom and the sciences are there to feed our minds, the arts--including our personal, social and cultural relationships are in this category--are there to feed the soul/spirit (pneuma).

If you bristle at the idea of using the 'god-word', invent your own word. What you do about the process is what counts.However we do it, one would be foolish to miss out on the greatest and best adventure life offers. All together now: HERE'S TO LIFE!

Last edited by Revlgking; 06/13/11 02:09 AM. Reason: Always a good idea!

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org