QM is simply putting definition around the word so we don't get into idological debates.

Sometimes the classic teleportation may be the same as the QM version depends what the person is trying to imply.

The QM version is simply moving QM information (spins) or energy from one point in 3D spacetime to another. Nothing more nothing less and you can not transfer any other information in the process to allow faster than light communication because an attempt to do so would destroy the entanglement.

See I said that like a QM zealot and teacher but I am holding a few problems back from you ... which the more astute may realize.

What happens if the transfer defies causality?
Can the teleported QM information form information in it's structure say like teleporting a book or even you with your knowledge?

The first we are reasonably happy with we have done testing to some extent (http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-03-quantum-no-hiding-theorem-experimentally.html).

It appears causality is guaranteed .. which is good :-)

The encoded classic information story is far from settled and this goes to the more open question is teleportation like you see on startrek therefore precluded by QM because you are moving information, that is what is in your head.

The answer is we don't know.

My gut feeling is it does not defy QM because if you move a book for example for someone to understand it they would have had to first encounter language which implies they already know your language so some degree of information already had to be at the endpoints to enable the information to mean anything.

I need to clarify this is simply my gut feeling not any sort of scientific answer.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.