Quote:
But I think you still cling to the idea that GOD is somehow different from what we normally accept as the real world.
Kallog
ALL THE MEASURABLE WORKS OF CREATION MAKE UP WHAT WE CALL THE MEASURABLE UNIVERSE--THE REALM OF SCIENCE

THE BIG BANG THEORY
It is now generally accepted that the universe, as we know it, had a beginning. This perception was enhanced by the fact that the originator of the Big Bang theory, Monsignor Georges Lemaître, an astronomer, was also a Roman Catholic priest. www.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Lema%C3%AEtre

Monsignor Georges Henri Joseph Édouard Lemaître, born 17 July 1894 – 20 June 1966) was a Belgian priest, astronomer and professor of physics at the Catholic University of Louvain. He sometimes used the title Abbé or Monseigneur.

Lemaître proposed what became known as the Big Bang theory of the origin of the Universe, which he called his 'hypothesis of the primeval atom'.

Pope Pius XII, declared at the November 22, 1951--The year I graduated www.mta.ca with a BA in Philosophy/Psychology--opening meeting of the Pontifical Academy of Sciences that the Big Bang theory accorded with the Catholic concept of creation.

Without any concrete evidence, astrophysicists--including Father Lemaitre among them--tell us that the materially-real-measurable universe came from NO-measurable-thing and is expanding into NO-measurable-thing.

This sounds GOOD--even GOD-like--to me. BTW, it would be foolish for me to try and prove "NO-thing". Like science, I simply accept that it is there and that out of it has come a lot of GOOD as in goodbye--from the Old English expression:God-be-with-ye! (World Book Dictionary)

Without any evidence other than my intuition and imagination, I agree. BTW, IMO, the NO-thing is very neutral--a GOOD idea. Whether GOOD or EVIL-(everything vile, insane and ludicrous) comes from it, is a matter of the choices we make. BTW, I choose the GOOD--How about you? And I intuit that GOD, as the GOOD, does things, in and through us, not to and for us.
Quote:
Except you don't clearly explain how and certainly don't have any evidence. Which makes the concept no better than any other religion - just with less details.
Kallog, what's the point of this comment? It this meant as a gentle put-down? smile

Kallog, let me be candid: I am not interested in winning any contests to be better than other religions, or to be superior to the findings of science. I am looking for what we all have in common and sounds plausible, even when sometimes it looks fantastic, even impossible.

BTW, did you tell us: What is your expertise?

Last edited by Revlgking; 02/21/11 10:36 PM. Reason: Always good to do

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org