Originally Posted By: Revlgking
Originally Posted By: redewenur
I would only suggest that if you intend to apply scientific data and theories in a supporting role, then it would be wise to ensure that you have a good grasp of them....
Then tell us about the grasp that you have. Feel free to correct any wrong data that I gave.

Gladly, although I can tell you a good deal less than you could glean for yourself from a few minutes searching the net. However...

I assume that the "something" before the BB was the primordial ball (a ball of compact hydrogen atoms perhaps?).

Your assumption has no foundation and, to the best of my knowledge, it's not to be found among the reasoned speculations of scientists. For all I know, it may be true - but then, as Bill S implied, so might almost anything else.

As I understand it, this hydrogen atom multiplied and became the primordial ball (about 30 times the size of the sun) which contained what we now call the cosmos.

So, you appear to be saying that the hydrogen atom, thence your 'primordial ball' existed before the Big Bang.\
See here for a concise correction to that: http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/cms/astro/cosmos/p/Primordial+Fireball

Then came the BB causing super-hot galaxy-sized bits of matter in a state of chaos to move away from the core of the ball into what we call space.

(a) There's no reason to believe that there were any galaxy sized "bits" of matter (b) All the matter existed within spacetime from the moment of it's formation, and did not subsequently move into any other kind of space (c) There was no movement through space due to any primordial explosion, as it was not that kind of explosion - space itself was expanding, taking with it the matter.

Concurrent with this, the atomic clock began ticking out the seconds, hours, years, millennia (thousands of years) and light years we call time.

I can't comment on "atomic clock began ticking" as I don't know what you mean. But "and light years we call time" is incorrect. A lightyear is a measure of distance.

Isn't this what scientists have in mind when they say: The BB was 15 to 20 billion light years ago?

Current data puts it at approx. 13.7 billion yrs ago. Not light years though, just yrs.

Hope that helps. As I said, there's a wealth of info available from reputable sources, and one doesn't need to be a scientist to learn about the current theories of cosmogenesis.

"Time is what prevents everything from happening at once" - John Wheeler