Originally Posted By: Revlgking
Originally Posted By: samwik

=== So, what do you think about the Creation Care and "Farmer's Almanac" ideas, or the "days" of Creation and the "eighth" day caretakers...
Sam, is that a question? If so, what do you mean by the word's I've underlined?_____________
Revl, what do mean, what do I mean.... Sorry... won't go there. smile

I'm assuming you saw my link from above, about how God needed a caretaker, so on the eighth day created Farmers. Based on that assumption, and what I wrote about the Bible serving as a "first" Farmer's Almanac, I thought you might see some interesting connections with the "Creation Care" movements that are currently popular with many religions. Have you learned or heard of these notions? Do these notions, concepts, areas, or ideas seem related? If so, do you see ways for information about one notion/idea to support and develop the related ideas/areas.

I ask also about:
Quote:
or the life everlasting and the afterlife after life ideas..."

or ...how "Do unto others..." might apply to the planet, as if the planet were an other ...of God's creatures... worthy of being acknowledged and naturally deserving respect, honor, etc....
Have I not made it clear by now that I no longer think of a god with dimensions--one who is a supernatural human-like person?
What? Why would my comment elicit that reply? You are not just some computer are you? Assuming you're not, maybe you thought the reference to "God's creatures" somehow indicated that I anthropomorphize God. Perhaps you don't recall my other posts about how G0d transcends dimensions--or may even be considered as the source of dimensions (at least the space and time dimensions).

Or maybe there is another reason you seem to be defending your rejection of any anthropomorphizing. I already agree that anthropomorphizing leads to many misunderstandings and should be avoided. Don't you recall some of our past exchanges?

BTW, check how I sign my posts. For me 'god', ideally speaking, is a concept way beyond any kind of limitation. IMO, a 'god' who exists, mentally or physically, may be a work of art, like a beautiful statue, but it is mindless and powerless.
Okay, and there are the limitations of language too. What about the defined attributes: omniscient and omnipotent? Or is your focus on the "'god' who exists" (omnipresence?) part of your IMO?

Did you hear the Woody Allen quote: "If God exists, I hope he has a good excuse ..."

To this I will add a "why" question: "If there is a god who exists, why does he not give us explanation as to what he is thinking and wills?
To this I will add a rhetorical reply, copied from another post: "Even if the Earth is 'really' only some 6000 years old, it is constructed to appear as if it is billions of years old. Do you think there is no purpose in this? Don’t you think we are meant to learn a story about how fragile, difficult, torturous, and cruel life could be, and how lucky we are now?"

Is it impertinent for us to ask: "God, why do you allow so much pain and suffering, especially the kind inflicted on the innocent and on children, on the planet we call 'mother earth?' "
Yes, it is impertinant; but that is the way of children, and can be forgiven.

Should a mother try to shape, mold, and educate her children; teach them of value and consequence? [...asked rhetorically]

No, I am not an atheist. I simply want us to have a dialogue about life, including a new kind of secular and non-sectarian theism (currently I call it unitheism/unideism--note the combination of ideas)--one which is ready to willingly and lovingly partner with the sciences and the arts in the great work of making, at least this planet, "a thing of beauty and a joy forever" (John Keats).
Good! Go for it; with definitions and references and metaphors and all, for the ineffable!
===

On a related track:
From whence does value arise? What do we value? How is value established? Where is the source of value?

~ smile

Pyrolysis creates reduced carbon! ...Time for the next step in our evolutionary symbiosis with fire.