Originally Posted By: Orac
Neat sidestep ..

I would never... cool I prefer not making assumptions about a person and their ideas/beliefs/experiences, based on stereotyping. I get enough of that from the reverend. So I figured you could go behind closed doors with him and Kate to talk about folks behind their backs and gossip all you wanted to, or come out front and speak to the topics we know.
Originally Posted By: Orac
so I take it you don't want to discuss it ... you could just have said that smile

We are discussing it. When we aren't spewing crap from the authoritative majority just because the numbers are what make reality.

My views are not necessarily generated by religious belief in God as a definition.
Time does appear to the ego to have a linear appearance, but then to consciousness itself, (above and beyond the characteristics of the ego which function within linear progression) time is a construct facilitating experience within the relative.
Using your statement that all possibilities exist within each moment, it would be reasonable to assume that from any point, you could go in any direction to experience the multitude of possibilities rather than one available direction to only one possible outcome.

In religion God is often described as the omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent being. God the Father as the single parent to creation. Everywhere and within all of the fabric which binds reality together.
However Religion creates a separation between man and God as well as God and the universe, regardless of whether God is within all of creation. It's a superstitious ploy created by the church to isolate the power within all matter to a local source that only a few can know. This idea was meant to give the heads of church and state an illusory state of supremacy over the general population. Priests were supposed to the be the voice for God having been specially born and bred for the purpose of directing Gods intent. With this power, the church could direct individuals and nations to support any cause that was deemed to be the will and need of God.
Before internet and google, people would believe whatever the church would say, now they are less connected than the mainstream media and the majority that is drawn to whatever programs are used to steer the herd.

Anyway.. If you were to study the religions as well as where they come from, you would find that certain words used to influence the ego into separation, like Father, Son, and Holy spirit, are not separate entities but rather characteristics found within all life, as well as all of matter.
Religion separates the Father as the supreme being. The son as an isolated manifestation of the spirit Father.

To the Catholics, Jehovah's witnesses etc. Jesus was the Son (only son), regardless of whether Jesus preached that all mankind were sons and daughters of God. The holy spirit within the trinity was the connecting link between the unmanifest and the manifest. In religious terms Gods conscience. Sort of like those cartoons where the person is about to make a decision and an angel sits on one shoulder speaking into one ear and the devil on the other shoulder speaking into the other.

God is not predictable, tho religion likes to make that stand.
Free will allows consciousness to take any road within a point of reference (any point of reference) which means any experience, any point in time, and any belief, and create an outcome that is not an absolute.
Consciousness within life is not isolated to the ego, and so it can use time in more than one direction. Ego is conditioned to see it in a linear fashion. Past -----> towards the future. Our consciousness above and beyond the ego can travel in any direction. Time moves inward, outward, up, down, sideways and in multiple dimensions creating alternate realities and universes. Consciousness stands in the pasts, presents, and futures, and is constantly recreating itself.

Ego is fixated on what probably realities it sees as the only outcome based on what it believes the past to indicate.
When ego is in charge or given charge illusions are created.
Omniscience in scientific terms, points to knowledge within any working system. Being that God is not predictable, what this means is that any working system has recognizable patterns within the experience when thought understands the experience as having points that can be identified as probable causes and effects. Consciousness, not being sequestered to any particular experience and having more freedom than the ego can step beyond one story and take some or any of those identifiable points and make a different choice creating alternate realities and experiences in any number of variations.

When we speak of free will we have to take into consideration the construct. A caged animal has certain freedoms to move about the cage. Human ego when conditioned within parameters of belief and thought has a limit to his or her freedom based on where it puts a beginning and an end to its systems of values and laws of nature. The spirit within, or consciousness within ego, is the creator of natural laws, but is not bound by them, it simply uses structure to build realities.

Ego is flexible enough to expand or contract. The mind when conditioned creates its own cage.

Free will is relative to natural boundaries that support their systems of expressed consciousness, which we see as our beliefs, experiences, and the extension of that, in the world and the universe.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!