I hit a young deer once in a little Mazda pickup. It committed suicide on my front bumper. We turned around and got it out of the road, then went home and contacted the Sheriff's office for a salvage permit. It was the answer to my prayers of what we were going to eat for the next few weeks, my cash being utterly exhausted and a teenage boy to feed. It damaged the hood a bit where its skull impacted the front of the vehicle, killing it instantly. We had venison for Thanksgiving that year, although I do not recommend getting one's meat in that manner, it is hard on vehicles. If anyone ever invents a truly animal proof windshield, I would be a customer.

No, Rev, the driver was a very distraught young female who had to pilot that car with the smashed windshield some 20 miles or so down lightly traveled roads to get to the store where she stopped to phone home. Good thing for her that the turkey was considerate enough to only take out one half of the windshield.

If you don't care for reality, just wait a while; another will be along shortly. --A Rose