Originally Posted By: Orac

Why is there evil, why is there suffering, what is the purpose of all this that is why did GOD make us etc.

Now I am not a dreamer I realize many of those no religion ever answers but the discussion seemed to avoid it all totally.

That would be a lack in the experience of God.
When God is idolized as an ideal, then the causes of suffering are idealized.
God is good, satan is bad.
God does all the good stuff, Satan does all the bad stuff.

If you belong to a church, you are more likely to be good, as defined by religion.

If Good is aligned with God and definable, then so can God be defined.

I wonder if the Reverends latest book interest discusses evolution within parameters of time.
If you think of time being relative to the expansion of God, then in the beginning there might have been less God, since there was so little goodness and godlike presence within society. No church in the beginning, no Bible, no saints...

So now with evolution, the church can idealize the possibility that man might avoid self destruction, plague or even a celestial disaster such as a collision with a giant meteor to produce a greater wisdom and experience of the Universe and Universal mind. Man grows as does God within man and the universe to become more God-like.
Of course the outline of the godly personalities will help steer the course and direct man to perform and fit in.

Perhaps within the theories of time in quantum physics, instead of time progressing from a past toward a future, a future calls events toward its probable outcome? All events past and present are the results of a future that exists in what is called the now pulling events into reality. God then having a need for suffering, death, or all the things that are labeled as evil, in order to give contrast to a greater idealism and experience of humanity.

After all, In duality you can't have light without dark, hot without cold, or good without evil, right?

Perhaps religion sees a day when all of the opposites will cease to exist within reality and all there is, is God.

Question is, will you have to die to get there or is all that is God here and now,... or evolving?
Originally Posted By: Revlgking

IMO, Jesus really said: The kingdom of G~Õ~D is within.

G~Õ~D is that which Generates, Organizes & Delivers--from within.

I wonder if the reverends within, is subjectively isolated from creation?

Religion wouldn't be religion if there wasn't a need to idealize something better than ones own gripes in order to separate God from the personal reality, when it fails to meet Gods standards as defined by the church. Or the personal opinion when it sits right for you. wink

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!