Quote:
i think that the general category of 'religious/spiritual faith' is not the same as 'faith between people' ...
BFP, I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this, okay? As humane beings we can always give each other the right to do so, in good faith. You have your reason for believing that life is meaningless; I and others have our reasons for believing otherwise: Whichever way it ends, life is an awesome and god-like experiment. I believe we are inventing the future.

Take note: It seems to me that all inventions got their start when some inventor said: I wonder if it is possible that...I hope it is possible that ... I believe that it is possible that... Therefore, I will experiment and see what I can make of it.

Only then did the inventor get to know. I don't think that sceptics, pessimists and cynics make good inventors. How about nihilists?

It is said that what we call the grains--wheat, rye, millet, and the like, all became part of our food supply when someone saw good in certain weeds; that certain "weeds", properly cultivated could be of use as food.

BTW, thanks for the tough comments and questions. Honest doubt by sincere sceptics stimulates the brain to think. In the spirit of dialogue, keep them coming.

Last edited by Revlgking; 04/27/08 09:20 PM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org