Quote:
When I chose to be prosperous, I became prosperous. The most important thing I can do for others is to encourage them to make the same choice.

No, encouraging others to make the same choices you made only shows the attachment you have to what is truth and real for you, not for them.
The most important thing you could do for another is to show them they have a choice, but if you are self absorbed in your own ideas of prosperity you will not let what is important to them emerge naturally.
Not everyone wants to be Lindsay King, nor does there need to be another Lindsay King. If God had meant for there to be an earth filled with Lindsay Kings it would have happened already.

Quote:
This may seem cruel, but IMO, the poor are poor because they simply do not will to be otherwise and prosperous.
That is the image of God, freedom of choice and all that comes with it. Learning to use it is like a child learning to walk. We don't think it cruel that God has not created the child fully capable of walking do we?

Quote:
IMO, being charitable is not giving people something for nothing. It is my responsibility to show people they I am willing to give them what I discover that they are worth to me and/or to the community.

Being charitable is enabling the Self in another when one knows it in themselves. That does not necessarily translate into enabling ones own sense of identity, pride, ideals and beliefs in another.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!