To those who know a thing or two about physics:

Recently, I read that there is no direct evidence that electrons really do exist. Is this true?

I got this information from the book, THE EVOLUTION OF GOD, by Robert Wright:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Evolution_of_God
Quote:
The Evolution of God is a 2009 book by Robert Wright that explores the history of the concept of God in the three Abrahamic religions through a variety of means, including archeology, history, theology, and evolutionary psychology. The patterns which link Judaism, Christianity, and Islam and the ways in which they have changed their concepts over time are explored as one of the central themes.

One of the conclusions of the book that Wright tries to make is a reconciliation between science and religion. The future of the concept of "God" is also prognosticated by Wright, who attempts to do so through a historical lens.
Quote:
Review from THE GLOBE&MAIL (Canada)

God is dead! Long live God!”

Although Robert Wright never makes this proclamation in The Evolution of God, it aptly sums up his approach to the history of monotheism. On the one hand, he uses evidence similar to that of the “God is dead” preachers and agrees with their decidedly human interpretation of religion.

On the other hand, he counters the argument that religion is evil and fastens the future hope of humanity on its continuance, despite the lack of evidence for God.

Wright presents a decidedly materialist account of religious origins. Human conceptions of God evolve and mature in response to factors such as nature, politics, economics and technology, with no influence from divine beings. In a departure from typical materialist approaches, however, Wright maintains the validity of religious world views, arguing that they contribute to human flourishing.

Last edited by Revlgking; 04/18/11 03:30 AM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org