Quote:
I also wonder how grey areas like 'justice' can be handled by GOD.
Kallog, go ahead and wonder. But take note that you are slipping back into the practice of thinking of GOD as a person--one who is a human-like being who does things. You and I are free to choose, or not choose, the way of justice. IMO, GOD is the over-all principle (law) of good with which you and I can connect if we so choose, which contains the principle of justice. Or, we could speak of evolution as a principle (law), or gravity, electro magnetism, whatever. Going against the principles of life, of all nature (of GOD) has consequences. Try to break the law of gravity without it breaking you.

Me? Not being a fool, I choose to work with GOD, because I know that the consequences are good--and not just for me, but for all of us and for all that is in nature.

Making 'god' a person makes for an easy target--an idol to be mocked and/or smashed, by any thinking person, not just by bright and clever atheists.

There is a poem which has the words: GOD has no hands, but out hands--no feet, no voice, whatever ... but our hands, feet, voice, etc., to get things done. To be, or not to be, to do, or not to do, are all up to us.
The same is true here
Quote:
Surely it doesn't give humans more rights than animals, any more than it surely doesn't give whites more rights than blacks, or men more than women.
And here
Once again, take note of what you are saying.
Quote:
So does it include justice for animals?
And here
Quote:
How does it manage animals eating each other?

Last edited by Revlgking; 05/04/11 03:40 AM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org