AR II, to my last comment I will add: As a minister--one who serves where needed--all my long ministry, I was very much involved in, and a part of, non-sectarian groups of social activists--social internets, long before what we now call the Internet.

We advocated, enthusiastically, for social justice--Health care for all, meaningful employment, and other justice issues. Justice for all classes, but especially for the needy and the working poor. Some of those who participated in the political economy, did so by taking a leave of absence from the church, and then were free to run for public office.

Naturally for this, more than once, we were attacked for speaking our views against bigoted religions, corrupt politics, abuse of the environment, the economy, and other vital issues.

In all this, we always welcomed, and received with respect, fair-comments and openly expressed and honest opinions of anyone. However, what was not welcomed was the attacks of:THE COWARDS WHO LOVE TO WEAR THE CLOAK OF ANONYMITY

Who would welcome the anonymous phone calls and unsigned letters--often containing violent and life-threatening language--that go with being an advocate.

Several of us had our cars rendered unsafe for driving, more than once. I once has a front wheel fall off, but fortunately, I was driving slowly when it happened.

A favourite threat was the use of a telegram with the message:
Quote:
We look forward to you joining us, soon ... and was signed by several well-known and long-deceased people, like Caesar Augustus, Hitler, John Kennedy, Martin L. King, and the like.

Last edited by Revlgking; 10/06/13 04:39 AM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org