Originally Posted By: Revlgking
lots of wiggle-room. Otherwise, I would not stay involved.

It provides so much wigggle room that there's basically no meaning in it at all! Whatever justice we choose is part of GOD so it's all GODly. That provides no particular direction or anything. It just says "whatever will be will be". I think you're making a pretense of having a non-conventional religion but then you throw in the same old bible-God ideas like omnipotence, justice, goodness, divinity, ever-lasting, within us, having some motive, etc.

Quote:

I usually quote the Bible when I find it helps me communicate what I want to say.

I even do too. I once complained to my Christian workmates how the bible misled me by emphasising the importance of washing the inside of the cup over the outside. But it turned out that the outside of my cup was getting all grotty and coffee-stained despite regularly washing the inside using the water-cooler.

But yes, you might just as well quote from a movie or Hitler as from the Bible or Jesus. I think that would help to clarify things in your own mind too, by taking away the illusion of some people's religious opinions being more important because of their popularity.