Originally Posted By: Bill S.
TT, I was not referring to the theological beliefs of the Franciscan in question, but rather to the words attributed to him: “entia praeter necessitate multiplicanda non sunt”.

Claiming to know and to believe a single thing at the same time does seem to be multiplying your “entia” somewhat.

Claiming to know something or to believe at the same time does not make for something that is stable and unchanging.
When it comes to God, all experiences are but reflections of the infinite since the infinite cannot be contained in a thought feeling or action.
When the experiences are not recognized as experiences that are reflections, (of both personality and the absolute) then the personal experience is exemplified as THE experience, and the ego attempts to both repeat and identify the EXPERIENCE as God.
The underlying unified field which permeates all experiences, both stable and consistent, reveals the nature of reflection and the human condition of personal filtering. It also precedes the changing beliefs while stabilizing the known, in the process of knowing, as it is experienced in and thru the knower.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!