Tim
Subject: Re: Philosophy of Religions--all religions, include...

Tim, writes
Quote:
Revlgking wrote: "I believe in education, not in indoctrination." So do I...

Excellent!

Quote:
But to answer Revlgking's question:
Yes, I believe in a God, although I have not the authority to say he "exists" in three dimensions. Perhaps he does, perhaps not. Perhaps he is everything, perhaps nothing...
Tim, in allowing for the mystery in all of nature, it looks like you and I are on the same wave length.

IMHO--my humble opinion--there is more to GOD than three-dimensional and material nature (3DN) but surely, if GOD includes all things, GOD is at least that.

GOD AS A DIAMOND WITH AN INFINITE NUMBER OF FACETS
Think of GOD as a diamond with an infinite number of facets capable of reflecting light and colour in an infinite variety of forms and colours, including that which is visible, and invisible, to the naked eye. It is not by accident that the Bible speaks of God as the source of all light.

Without being able to see all the facets and all the colours of the diamond, at the same time, I know that the whole diamond is there, because of the outline and the few facets that I can see.

Or think of the world's oceans. I have only travelled in two of them--the Atlantic and the Pacific. Of these two, I only know very little. But I know the whole oceans are there, because of the small area I do know.

GOD is such an inclusive concept, I am convinced that GOD even includes those who say I do not believe in GOD. After all, do birds have to believe in air to take flight? Do fish have to believe in water to swim? IMHO, air and water, like light are facets of GOD.

AIR, LIKE LIGHT, IS A FACET OF GOD
This is why I usually ask atheists: If you really don't believe in the breath of life--IMHO, another facet of GOD--why do you keep on breathing the pneuma (Spirit) of GOD.

In John 4:24, Jesus tells the Samaritan woman, "God is Spirit'. The NT Greek for Spirit is 'pneuma', which also means air, wind or breath. From 'pneuma' we get words like pneumatic, pneumonia and pneumatology--the study of air, wind, breath and spirit.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pneumatology

Keep in mind that materialism is fairly modern phenomena. The ancient thinkers made little or no division between body, mind and spirit. Perhaps modern physicists are bringing us back to this way of thinking--LIFE AS A UNIFIED FIELD. And life, for me, is another facet of GOD.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org