Originally Posted By: Revlgking
TT: PNEUMATOLOGICALLY SPEAKING, MY SOMA THANKS YOU; MY PSYCHE THANKS YOU & MY ALL-INCLUSIVE PNEUMA THANKS YOU--HOLISTICALLY AND SINCERELY! In brief, I thank you! I thank you especially for the way you have recently responded to my request to rephrase certain questions.

So when you weren't thanking me holistically or sincerely and writing the moderators to oust me from this forum, you weren't writing or speaking pneumatologically?
For example:
WITH A COPY TO ELLIS
Without going to the moderators, here is what I would like to suggest you do:

1. Stop answering questions and comments which I put to other posters. If I want your opinion I will ask for it. If you insist on interfering, I will ignore what you write and, perhaps, ask the moderators to moderate.

2. And, please, stop those long-winded posts in which you give the impression that you believe you have an inside-track advantage with Tolle and a non-egoic god-like wisdom only geniuses posses.

Yes, in my last post I did about you, as you did, later, about me, infer that you could be a sociopath--one who knows it is wrong to admonish others but really doesn't care and does it anyway. I agree, I should not have made the inference. But I do care enough to want to put a stop to this fruitless-kind of posting back and forth.
TT:I always make a quick check of your comments.
From a previous interchange:
TT, thanks for your response. Here is what it taught me: Ignore all TT's posts, period.
And another.
I am not a fixed-position kind of thinker.

I especially look for any interesting or challenging comments, or questions. I tend to think pneumatologically, I write pneumatologically.

I am not a fixed-position kind of thinker.

I would assume since you aren't a fixed position kind of thinker that the references to what you are or do are only on a part time basis.

THE ART OF TM?
Like our FF, I have serious questions which I would like to ask anyone about the claims that I, personally, heard the Maharishi of TM make--in Toronto in 1964.

None of those questions seem to have been aired, only your judgments and ideas.

If he was talking, metaphorically, why did he not say so? I love good metaphors--the Bible is filled with them. smile

How would you know unless you got to know what he was talking about and not making assumptions?
BTW, I know the art of TM. One of my assistant ministers was an expert.

You know what you friend told you and you believe he is an expert. Like a preacher who preaches what he has been told, an experience of God or the art of any teaching is only as good as what you have heard without the actual experience.
C'est la vie..

Originally Posted By: TheFallibleFiend
Yogic flying = snake oil.

Snake oil is snake oil. Yogic Flying is a mental and physical exercise. Any reference to the two being the same, is going to be relative to someones belief and most probably a lack of experience and understanding.

People in cults never think they're in cults.

I can agree with that statement. Its usually someone outside of the activity that's labeled as a cult, and so the cultists are the last to know they have been labeled a cult. After all who would willingly label themselves as a cultist if it has any bad connotations..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult
The definitions and descriptions of what most people would like to apply to the idea of cult fits the profile of:
The armies of any country,
The post office
The boy scouts of America
The Girls Scouts
All Churches
The Elks club
Large corporations
Etc. etc.

People spewing nonsense don't think they're spewing nonsense.
Obviously..

Before I say more: In my responses I will abbreviate the word, 'pneumatological' and words having to do with 'pneumatology'--study, or science, of the Spirit (divine and human) as PNT. If you find anything I say, PNT-wise, offensive, I have no objection to having a moderator remove it.

If--as I have done in my comments to you--you find anything that I write unclear, simply ask me to clarify.
Originally Posted By: Tutor Turtle
The way I see it, the definition of pneuma didn't change with your personal applications. It still references the spirit and soul within a (human) being.
Not true! Does the following make my meaning clear? When I was a young theological student (1947-1955) I studied at
http://www.mta.ca
http://astheology.ns.ca/
http://www.bu.edu/sth/about-sth/
We were taught to believe the following:
As human and rational beings, we are free to accept--if we so choose--that we are really spiritual (PNT) beings who--for any number of reasons--are now having a somatological (physical) and psychological (mental) experience.

We were taught: What you do with the philosophy and theology you get here is your choice. In my opinion, in the light, grace and love of G~0~D (as ALL-Being) there can be no compulsion.

Is the above clear. Any questions?

What is clear, is that you learned we are spiritual beings and that if one is cognizant of the spirit within, they accept they are acting spiritually. But if they are not cognizant or aware thru their choice to be aware of this, then they are ignoring the spirit within and directing the senses in other directions and are not acting PNT'ly.
This would then define one who wishes to give attention to what you were told or taught about the spirit in themselves and others, to be what you describe as PNT thought and action.

Originally Posted By: Tutor Turtle
I'll rephrase the questions you decided to answer using some of your ideas in your answers, and we'll re-visit the ones you avoided. If we use the dictionary definition of pneuma: the vital spirit; the soul.

1. How would you separate that which is pneumatological (of the spirit, or soul), and non-pneumatological (not of the spirit or soul) when it comes to postings on this website made by me, or anyone else for that matter?

2. What would separate any comment from your idea of a pneumatological comment? Or said another way. What constitutes a pneumatological comment made by any human capable of sinning. Or what comments define one who is not capable of sinning, feeling shame or guilt and incapable of self correction, and what is it that enables you to make this determination?

3. Is your idea of a pneumatological comment similar to others ideas of a pneumatological comment, or is your own opinion of what is pneumatological unique to you?

To clarify this question I will ask it this way:
Do you believe you think the same as another in every way or do you think each individual personality is unique in their approach to thinking and living life?
1. Pneumatologically thinking
It is my personal--PNT-SPEAKING--opinion that, like snowflakes and grains of sand, each of us is, like any work of art, individually unique. Therefore, I like to think that we are G~0~D~like beings. Also, we live and move and have our being within G~0~D--who is not just a being, but Being itself.

Then this sort of reinforces what I said about your education and belief in PNT thought and belief. All are spiritual beings and similar to the dictionary definition: being of the vital spirit; the soul.

You seem to think that I focus on being "separate".

No. I think your idea of God and unity changes with your changing perspectives and your self identification with not being a fixed-position kind of thinker.
My Experience of God is that IT or "all that is," Is a constant, regardless of changing perspectives of ones self and the world around ones self. All that is, is within all the changes that are created, and are created by those who perceive reality whether they can perceive all that is in themselves and others.
In that sense, everything is of God whether one decides to believe in it (God) or not.
Once one establishes a permanent relationship with all that is (within themselves and others), Unity exists in that relationship. What is described as "Godly" does not then pertain to ones idea of what one wants God to look like or ones changing beliefs about what they think about God. It is and always will be, what All that is, is.

So What I hear you say, is that when something lives up to your expectations or you decide to be all loving and God like, you label yourself and what you perceive as being pneumatological.

I don't think you really know God, but instead know about what you think is God and the attention you put on your belief, and that is constantly changing thru your use of changing acronyms.
As a PNT-thinker--that is, one who has been given the great gift to be able to say "I am, I will, I choose, I think, I learn, I know, I do and I take action"--I am, with the new physicists like Stephen Hawking, I am more interested in understanding what integrates me with you and others, with mother earth, the solar system, the billions of galaxies and, ultimately, with G~0~D~~the infinity of time and space, within and beyond.

An enthusiastic interest is nice, and many have the same interests. Science also has an interest in what integrates everything together, but they have a less spiritual point of view when it comes to spirit or the soul.

Obviously, there there are more questions to be asked and explored about this, and more for all of us to say.

Obviously, but then there is a lot of resistance to what is said and how it is said when one decides what dialogue should look like and whether it is God like or pneumatologically correct. Also if one is not pneumatologically focused on the spirit within ones self or another then what ensues is a stress related expression like the one I placed as an example above:
Quote:

1. Stop answering questions and comments which I put to other posters. If I want your opinion I will ask for it. If you insist on interfering, I will ignore what you write and, perhaps, ask the moderators to moderate.

2. And, please, stop those long-winded posts in which you give the impression that you believe you have an inside-track advantage with Tolle and a non-egoic god-like wisdom only geniuses posses.

Yes, in my last post I did about you, as you did, later, about me, infer that you could be a sociopath...

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!