Originally Posted By: Revlgking
Now you are contradicting what you just said. Are you having a problem making up your mind?

It's not a contradiction. A mental image is not necessarily graphical like a painting. For example a manager may have an image of the structure of an organization, but it doesn't appear in his mind as a tree diagram or views of offices. It's just abstract. It may include different concepts which can't be represented graphically but are still connected in the structure in his mind.

Quote:
Are you not forgetting something? I don't call it "nature". I call it GOD. I think of GOD as Over-all non-material Being that includes matter and nature but is in no way confined to them.

Yes I have trouble understanding that. What else can there be besides nature? I assume we accept that man-made things count as natural in this context.

Quote:

THE BOTTOM LINE, FOR ME IS
Will it, like agape/love be and do good for all concerned, including me? If so, it is GOD-like. If not, it is something I will do my best to avoid as the evil, or sin (deliberate evil), it is.

OK, sure. But how is that connected with GOD? I see two distinct ideas - GOD and GOD-like. If you never had the GOD, would GOD-like still be just as satisfactory?

Last edited by kallog; 06/15/11 04:22 PM.