Originally Posted By: TheFallibleFiend

Even logic is a mystery to you. No surprise there. Most people are better at talking about it than practicing it.

If we're talking about science then I agree. There has only been so much talk about it, which you have attempted to logically deduce as the only determination of fact, in your judgment and opinion.

"Doesn't sound like a very scientific approach."
How would you know?

Well without your specific definition of science (since you don't accept the textbook definition), it would be difficult to surmise the relevance of the statement.
You could simply pose the question and leave it to me to meet your expectations.

"The effects of meditation on the neurological system"

Irrelevant to the discussion. Meditation is a physical act in the physical universe. If it has effects in the physical world, the results can be studied by science. The fact that meditation may be studied by science no more supports theosophy than the fact astronomy can be studied by science supports astrology.

It certainly is relevant to the discussion. Meditation which can be studied by science, has a connection to theology, which is experiential. The fact that you do not experience the extended benefits of theology relieves you of any connection to the observable. Note: opinion and judgment of the subject is not what I mean by the extended benefits, just for clarification.

"We haven't really determined yet what science is according to your definitions."
We don't have use 'my' definitions. If you were actually interested in the subject, you could start with actual science books or visiting the national academy of science web site.

Your interpretation of science is relevant to your judgment of me and theology. You have accused me of being a cultist and unable to comprehend the definition of science (which you have not provided). You would have to establish yourself as the predetermined authority of said definition, before your accusations will merit any weight with the majority. Since the majority is the 6+billion people on this planet you have some convincing to do.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!