Originally Posted By: Bill S.
You've lost me there, Rev. Big impact, 4.5 billion years ago. Formation of Pangea, about 250 million years ago. You can't be suggesting they are "contemporary". I must have missed something.
Did you miss this from the Britannica article? :
Quote:
During Earth’s long history, there probably have been several Pangea-like supercontinents. The oldest of these supercontinents is called Rodinia and was formed during Precambrian time some 1 billion years ago.

Another Pangea-like supercontinent, Pannotia, was assembled 600 million years ago, at the end of the Precambrian. Present-day plate motions are bringing the continents together once again. Africa has begun to collide with southern Europe, and the Australian plate is now colliding with Southeast Asia.

Within the next 50 million years, Africa and Australia will merge with Eurasia to form a supercontinent that approaches Pangean proportions. This episodic assembly of the world’s landmasses has been called the supercontinent cycle or Wegenerian cycle, in honour of Alfred Wegener.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org