RedE asks
Quote:
What is the relevance?
RedE, you mean: What is the relevance of our telling our stories? Since you are the one to bring this up, tell us, what is irrelevant about doing so? If a lot agree with you, I may need to reform my ways.

You say
Quote:
This is not a place to grandstand and boast of our moral and ethical achievements, nor is it a compassion competition -
When did I ask people to grandstand and boast ... ?

Presuming you are proud of it, I just asked you to tell us your story. Or as much of it you want. Are there any rules in this forum against doing this?

Me? I like hearing people's stories, as long as they are interesting enough to read. I don't even mind a little boasting, especially if it happens to be true.

Its the boring stuff is that I don't like. This I simply avoid--usually without comment. Uninteresting threads usually go dead. With over 360,000 clicks this is obviously not one of them--brag, brag!!! laugh

BTW, do you find my stories boring? If so, your constructive criticism is most welcome. Even your non-constructive comments have value. They at least show you are alive, annoyed and reading, eh? (As we say in Canada smile ). We could spell it CehNehDeh, eh?

BTW, all joking aside: If one of the scientists among us--I wonder how many we have?--came up with an new, exciting idea and invented a new way of making life better for all of us, I sure would want to know about it, and if I could write to him/her. Wouldn't all of us? Can you, or anyone, suggest any ideas that you feel would help make the world a better place.

This is my idea of a good, healthy and valuable religion, or philosophy: One that is based on reason and faith, and makes the world a better place. Ones that do not do so should be discarded. At least in my opinion.