[quote=Revlgking]MATTHEW 18 contains one of Jesus' famous sayings:

Summarizing what I said before: Take another look at Matthew 18: 19-20. Matthew quotes Jesus as saying: “And I tell you more: whenever two of you on earth agree about anything you pray for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, I am there with them.” ... If Jesus were to appear as a registered member of this forum, I am sure he would not mind being asked sincere questions,

JUST FOR CLARIFICATION
So Jesus, may I respectfully ask: "Are we all expected to literally believe that YOU, Jesus, are at this very moment in your resurrected form of body; that you and all of us, as god-like beings (John:10:34 ...), have the power to go back and forth--you did say "follow me"-- between heaven and earth ... Agreed? Sounds good, if true.

However, count me as a sincere skeptic, but--because I enjoy all kinds of philosophy and even interesting fiction stories about religions--Like the militant atheist, Richard Dawkins, I am always open to hear any evidence that is available.
=============================
Of course I agree: There are many science-trained Catholic, Orthodox, Protestant and other Christians, Buddhists, Jews, etc., who happen to be skeptics (but are not necessarily cynical one). All willingly keep an open mind, and are not afraid to ask:

How many people, including church-going religionists, really believe that he (Jesus) is in heaven with his father, God, right now? But, is there evidence? Where? Or is it a matter of faith?

Even Roman Catholics, Eastern Orthodox and fundamentalist Christians are usually willing to admit: "We have no physical evidence. All we can say is this: It is, "...indeed a profound mystery".

SINCERE ROMAN CATHOLICS TALK THE SAME LANGUAGE ... For example, read what DEVOUT AND ORTHODOX ROMAN CATHOLICS say at:
http://www.ewtn.com/faith/teachings

ORAC, THIS QUESTION IS FOR YOU
Furthermore, I also suspect that modern physicists, chemists and other students of the nature and function of matter would, as scientists, never make the claim, :There are no more profound mysteries. We have solved them all of them. I suspect that deep down, most scientists acknowledge that we are not just physical and mental beings. In reality, we are a complex combination of Physical, Mental (intellectual) and Spiritual (as in creative artists).

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org