Originally Posted By: Revlgking
MORE THAN CREEDS, IT IS ABOUT DEEDS

Not about deeds but rather where a man comes from in the awareness of being a God, or unified with spirit in God consciousness

John 10:7-18

7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

John 10:34 presupposes all deeds.

34 Jesus answered, “It is written in your own Law that God said, ‘You are gods.’

The parable points toward the god quality as a given, but not necessarily brought forth thru the human awareness by default. Ego separates the spirit from the relative, because it is conditioned to recognize physical reality as experienced thru the physical senses. Without the established foundation of potential, as a reality underlying the physical reality, the senses are corrupted by belief and short sightedness.

Psychology recognizes three states of consciousness by their subjective and objective qualities.

1. Sleeping
2. Dreaming
3. Waking.

There are 7 known states of consciousness.

1. Sleeping
2. dreaming
3. waking
4. exalted
5. awareness of God or the absolute
6. perpetual awareness of God/absolute
7. Unified perpetual awareness of God (or as Jesus stated being one with God as God)

The 7th state has several qualities that come with expansion and growth as well, and those qualities can be categorized by their subjective and objective qualities. (Some of those qualities exemplified by Jesus in scripture, and the most important one symbolized in the Crucifixion and Resurrection of Jesus)

Where ever Jesus states or makes reference to "I am" as "in the door" or "The Shepherd"
He speaks of a condition, or of the presence of God the Father within all things as it lives within his awareness.
He also makes mention that the awareness or condition of unity exists within animals, but man being given a will above and beyond animals, chooses his own direction, to face towards or away from the absolute.

Man, born into the conditioning of relative idealism, is turned away from spirit by the birth parents, the educational system, peer groups, politics and special interests based on relative value systems.

All systems of religion and spirituality that are mainstream are corrupted by the illusions of separation between spirit/consciousness and physical reality. They are absent from the experience of God, and they do not teach one to know God, but rather to know of God thru the blessed privileges of the church and its membership. All institutions of God define God, by physical qualities and separate God from what is determined to be good or bad as derived by current belief systems.

The will of the ego is powerless in comparison to the underlying subconscious which places man into existence and gives life reality. Egoic value systems place God within the realms of deeds based on the measure of physically derived value systems which constantly change.

Every man creates his own system of values. Jesus' message to the world was that True judgment is of God consciousness rather than any system of belief or man made measure.

That being the case. All that is of God (basically everything) has a place and has a value.

Man would idealize God and place that which he himself finds value in, as the God-like ideal.
Originally Posted By: Revlgking

GÕD~Generates-isOpen2Life& DeliversWhatRGood/Opportune&Desirable Gifts

Your constantly updated signature points toward your evolving and changing beliefs in God reverend. Yet you revel in your judgment of what is God and what is not. You condemn, ignore, and judge all actions and deeds that do not support your lifestyle and belief systems.

Jesus would not judge you for your choices, since a parent doesn't kick a child for stumbling while learning to walk.
However he would not hesitate to tell the Pharisees or the Sadducees that the badge they wore as a personal profile, and the references to physical qualities generated thru limited and temporary belief systems had no power in a non-physical reality.

Your imagined God reminds me of a joke:

Lindsay came home one night from a long day at work, slid into bed beside his sleeping wife,
and fell into a deep slumber.

He awoke before the Pearly Gates, where St. Peter said, 'You died in your sleep, Lindsay.'

Lindsay was stunned. 'I'm dead? No, I can't be! I've got too much to live for. Send me back!'

St. Peter said, 'I'm sorry, but there's only one way you can go back, and that is as a chicken.'

Lindsay was devastated, but begged St. Peter to send him to a farm near his home. The next thing he
knew, he was covered with feathers, clucking and pecking the ground.

A rooster strolled past. 'So, you're the new hen, huh? How's your first day here?'

'Not bad,' replied Lindsay the hen, 'but I have this strange feeling inside. Like I'm gonna explode!'

'You're ovulating,' explained the rooster. 'Don't tell me you've never laid an egg before?'

'Never,' said Lindsay.

'Well, just relax and let it happen,' says the rooster. 'It's no big deal.

He did, and a few uncomfortable seconds later, out popped an egg! He was overcome with emotion as
he experienced motherhood. He soon laid another egg - his joy was overwhelming.

As he was about to lay his third egg, he felt a smack on the back of his head, and heard his wife
yelling.....

"Lindsay, wake up! You just pooped in the bed!"

Getting OLD just ain't what they said it would be.
wink

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!