“Having said the above, Kirby--and I thank you for what I take as a kind comment”

Take it as a compliment. One can’t accomplish that without brains.

“As human and, therefore, spiritual beings: What are the practical consequences--that is, physical, mental and spiritual consequences--for us and the world we live in, of our having and practicing a truly humane, moral, ethical, and love-based religion?”

I am a human being but I am not aware of being a spiritual being. It may end up being true “when the smoke clears” but as of now; I don’t factor it into the equation. Neither does religion. As I had expressed in an earlier post religion is just organized philosophy and mostly impractical.

For me; the practical ramifications of practicing empathy are: harmony, efficiency, expedience, progressiveness, camaraderie and positive feelings. These benefits are not subtle when viewed against the alternatives: chaos, waste, sedentariness, solitude and hopelessness.

I wish that I could “brag” about my piety but as you can see; I’m just taking the easy route.

If you’ve ever wondered about the answer to the question: Would you prefer someone who does all the right things for the wrong reasons or does all the wrong things for the right reasons?... it is the first. Actions are the only things that “count”. Intentions are anecdotal musings. I’m not saying that good intentions never weigh-in… but when the smoke clears, only one of them leaves an imprint.