Originally Posted By: Warren
There is another topic thread on this forum called "Evidence For God" and this could go there, except it hadn't been posted on recently.
Well.. if you did put it there, it would easily apply to that thread and it would have been posted on recently, and you wouldn't have to make an excuse for posting this here...

I don't believe in supernatural-type evidence or even in the "how else could everything have started" kind of evidence, just evidence via the natural world that we evolved in and now live in.

So instead of trying to prove "God" we can simply define "God" or Being as the beingness that we associate with existence itself.

I see.. God only exists in the world you evidence and as you define God. Anything above and beyond what you believe and evidence is supernatural and something you do not believe in? Do you think you might evidence God as an experience and do you think your experience could change or do you think you have GOD neatly boxed up in a definition based on your individuality that is what you call being?
What is being? Is it your being, my being, his being? Or is being synonymous with God and not individuality and the subsequent boxes created thru individual belief and opinion. Would your being be synonymous with the being of a lemming?

That way deity doesn't have to be proved. The way I look at it, it never successfully has or can be.
That would lead to the idea that it cannot be experienced and as such never justified as anything other than a fantasy or a delusion. Much like the way the reverend looks at belief and opinion as a valid approach to the reality of God worship. Whatever you think is real kinda thinking is God. My God, Your God, everywhere everyone has a God kinda God...
If you think of God as creator and even sustainer it is still a separation of sorts, and being or beingness is so better, whether given the name God or not.

It would be separate if you had no actual experience of God within creation and the sustaining presence of God within every thought feeling and action, regardless of where your awareness is placed. Everything about God, even your own ideas could be separate from you because they would be ever changing and fleeting, never permanent. Thoughts/beliefs or opinions and definitions that are only experienced as fleeting and changing, thoughts without any substance or permanence within the contexts of thinking feeling and action, create nothing permanent and reflect nothing permanent other than Change. Now they are there with you, and after your gone, so are the thoughts feelings and actions of individual perspectives and so is the God that was defined by you.

What is called religious naturalism is about where I am, though I prefer spiritual naturalism because the word religion too has so much baggage.

I think where you are, is within the baggage of belief and changing opinion which you call being.

I wrote a short article for unitheist.org on "Why Does Anything Exist?" and what I came up with might be unsatisfactory in a way but hope it worked on these ideas. Rev. King you might have already read it, but I have edited it and for others it is here-- http://www.unitheist.org/cosmogony.html

I'm sure he has. Both of you have advertised yourselves, and your works upon the placard of Unitheist.org. One could assume the both of you have some commonality in your interests to recruit others to peruse the website and your scripts of Godly definitions.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!