Originally Posted By: ImagingGeek
Originally Posted By: Revlgking
Bryan, before I say any more, I need to know: Where is it that you teach?

I learned years ago to never reveal that sort of information. There are all sorts of people who, if given access to that data, have no qualms using it to accost me & my family. I'm not saying anyone here would do that, but this is an open forum & I'm involved in research that a lot of anti-science types do not like.

Bryan
I would accept the anti-science types as being scientifically acceptable within the parameters of creation.

A reflection of diversity and possibly a motivator to keep from being complacent or dogmatic in ones approach to define everything under one system of measure.

Besides the idea of someone being anti science is like being anti God. Whatever definitions one subscribes to or belief system regarding the terms may not be entirely equal to anothers point of view.
Often, just because someone doesn't like what another says regarding the subjective ideal can motivate one to say, the antagonist is anti-(fill in the ideal subject).
No one is ever really anti science, or refuses to accept anything that comes out of science. Anti principal when it comes to the religious stance taken by a scientist in their beliefs of science as they worship it, possibly.

And no one is really anti-god. One would only be against a definition that does not appeal to them. If one was to come to their own conclusion of what God was, and in their own terms, then God is just a word applied to a universal principal that applies to whatever they know and understand.
If there is always more to know and understand then that principal would be to them the stretch of the imagination yet undiscovered, unimagined and yet to be defined. As well as all that has been imagined and experienced, whether discarded or kept. Maybe more than all those ideas put together...
Some see science as the search for finality, and spirituality as the recognition of no such finality.
When such interpretations create separation between peoples and their beliefs then you got anti god and anti science religionists.

Every thing is relative.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!