Originally Posted By: Revlgking

Over the years I have enjoyed openly conversing with and asking question of reincarnationists--that is, those who live their lives based on a strong belief in the karmic principle; that they have lived lives before this one; that they will live again and that we all reap what we sow. I certainly respect the beliefs of Buddhists, Hindus and others who take thanatology seriously.

Thought I'd add a comment regarding the study of Buddhism and Hinduism as I've experienced them, (Buddhists and Hindus) in the conversation of spiritual sciences, in a descriptive comparison to the summary you've given as a definition of karma.

The notion of Karma varies within religious belief, same as the superstitions and conflicting ideas regarding the idea of God.
It would be safe to say, that in general any reference to the idea of thanatology is going to be suspect to a wide range of perspectives.

From what children believe according to what they've been told, and faithfully carried into the adult belief system. To the study of ancient texts and the comparisons made to modern physics, and the practical application of meditative methods used to replicate experiences similar to the dream state, revelations in altered states of consciousness, and near death experiences. Karma is going to be subject to belief.

Religion sees it (karma) as the idea of consequence in regard to action. You reap what you sow kinda thing. Cause and effect based on a judgmental God or universal law.

Spiritual science sees it similar to the effects of particles under observation by quantum physicists. When the physicist wants to observe a particle and make a measurement it behaves in accord with the impulse of the thought to be measured.

Karma is seen then by the spiritual scientist as the effect of thought on matter. Time and space according to physics not being linear, past present and future exist now, or all at the same observable point of reference within a unified field. This means that just as easily as the future can be seen in the making so can the present and past be created as one wishes to experience it now.

If one believes, or is hypnotized into thinking the world around them has a structure separate from the notions of the observer, then the believer carries the world as they make it along with them into experience unconsciously.

Once one knows and recognizes themself as consciousness and the observer, they stop being the victim to circumstance, replacing one hypnotic suggestion after another or placing one thought on top of another in conflict with each other as a course correction to the thoughts that were unconsciously thrown into the unified field.

What a superstitious Buddhist or Hindu believes, given all RESPECT, could be tantamount to the observable Respect you say you give to religionists Reverend. The Respect you have shown towards Maharishi Mahesh Yogi based on the testimony of second hand information by the person you acknowledged as expert, after spending an hour or so making judgements about the Maharishi listening to one of his discourses.
In a conversation here, you gave your authoritative opinion to your expert as reinforcement to the idea, that MMY sold snake oil.

Being that the spiritual science he studied and practiced has the same roots as Buddhism an Hinduism (inclusive of karma) I think you may be trying to bring these religions in as a matter of convenience to use karma, thanatology, and spirituality to sell your invention of hypnotism retitled (by you) as Pneumatherapy.

Any good sales pitch is gonna need as many references as possible to ideas that are popular or in vogue with those you make your pitch, even tho you really don't agree with those you make the pitch to.

Sometimes the methods of the righteous can be observed as historically consistent. From the Sadducees and Pharisees of old who sold themselves as men of God and crucified Jesus, to the current day priests and ministers who talk the alter boys into private chambers, a salesman will say what he will pretending to honor all men and their beliefs. Until the man seems to pose a conflict in the personal beliefs and opinions of the salesman and his sale.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!