Quote:
Originally Posted By: Tutor Turtle

No I use the idea to exemplify that there is order to everything including the opposite to scientific reductionism.

And your helpful and interesting response, Bryan.
Quote:
Anyone who thinks science is purely a reductionist process is completely ignorant of science.
Thanks for that. And for your next comment.
Quote:
We rely on methodological reductionism to understand basic processes, but hierarchical reductionism and holism are key parts of formulating theories from sets of facts.

Indeed, understanding emergent processes would be impossible using a purely reductionist approach. Reductionism is simple a tool - one of many that we use.
Bryan, when it comes to the natural sciences, which, BTW, I love reading about--physics, chemistry, biology and so on--I leave the details to qualified experts.

Therefore, put me down simply as a very curious student who is willing to learn, OK?

Me? When it comes to understanding how nature works, I am simply a reader and a student of the sciences, from the point of view of an amateur--one who loves to explore and to know as much as I can, and need to know, about THINGS--somatically speaking.

Meanwhile, I love to have dialogues with others who seem to know a few things the NATURE OF THINGS--the title of CBC series of programs.

Before I sign off, permit me to add this: I am an "expert" in theology--the science of 'god'.

Theology is--as the comedian jokingly said--the only science without an object, or a subject. laugh

BTW, in a dream Voltaire spoke to me, last night! He said: "Stop wondering about 'god. Simply summon any scientists you know and ask them to help you, invent "him". grin

Hey! What a wonderful idea! Hmmmmmm..........

Last edited by Revlgking; 02/25/13 11:50 PM. Reason: Always helpful

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org