Originally Posted By: Arminius

No, TT, the dialogue is not contrived. On the "Religion and Faith" forum of www.wondercafe.ca one can insert any specific block of text to which one wants to reply, and then reply.
Being that he intimated the block of text that he took from a conversation you had with another person was between the two of you, it was contrived.

But I am not as "truly humble" as Revlgking suggests. Quite the opposite, I am truly conceited. After all, being one with God is the highest possible conceit.

I've found that to be true with many who make that claim. The conceit that insists others recognize the glory in the one making the claim to fame, seems to always ignore the oneness of the universe to shine a light on the individual who wants the attention. The ONE universe always comes second...
Quote:

However, it is also the deepest possible humility--but only if one believes God to be the self-creative totality of being!

Belief in the personal experience or in intellectual precepts creates differences in both opinion and claim to fame.

If one believes God to be the self-creative totality of being, then the sense of oneself as a separate ego-individual disappears, and one becomes one with the totality. From then on, one thinks, acts, and feels not on behalf of the egocentric individual, which one previously thought one was, but on behalf of the self-creative whole.

One can believe anything, and yet with the many beliefs a man carries, what often comes forward in action and in personality, is the unconscious programs of many beliefs and belief systems. Stability in Unity is superior to belief. Then one does not have to toot his own horn to convince himself and others it is so.
If one is averse to the term "God," or thinks the term is inappropriate, one can call it any other name denoting a self-creative universe. In the recently published Gospel of Judas, the author of that Gospel calls God "The Great Self-Generative Spirit" who created the universe by and out of itself.

One could say anything they want. In respect to spirit and energy, perception of reality thru the ego is often subjective. As one evolves one finds creativity is not something that emerges but instead is. The Universe as creator and created is less likely to be making statements to being conceited, because it in the sense of being all that is doesn't explain itself or define itself in principal. Only Ego needs to explain itself in reference to defining ones self as something, like being one with God. So as long as it serves your purpose you will make your claims to being what you want others to see. (based on the need of the universe to have you do so as you see fit wink )

In the scientific view of the universe, energy is an eternal singularity. If this singularity also possesses the power to transcend itself and transform into another state or form (and there is some recent scientific evidence for such a force), then we have self-creative energy as the basic cosmic substance, and this self-creative energy continuously evolves itself toward ever higher levels of awareness.
If it in itself is all that is, it does not evolve. However there are conscious units within the matrix of the awareness of self and reality which operate within fabricated timelines, living within a storyline of evolution. However, all that is doesn't find itself becoming more (that would make the infinite God not so infinite or Supreme), instead it simply displays the potential of all that is in difference to those who stand outside of all that is, (in their humility and conceit) while throwing out concepts of God and unity.
In us, Homo sapiens sapiens, energy has finally become aware of itself as the creative substance and the creative power of the universe. And we humans, who are aware of this, can be active co-creators or "co-evolvers" in the creative process of cosmic self-evolution.

Not really. Your life as you experience it began in planning before you were born. You can surrender yourself to what already is, and has been put into motion, as you become self aware. Get to know your all that isness (so to speak) and join the game already in play. (One of the reasons Jesus [as humanity knows the personality] didn't try to change the conditions of his death by altering his predestined path as it was displayed in the human psyche. Events are cast into activity at levels far beyond the surface level of the mind. If you are conscious enough to become one with God (so to speak) you will find yourself joining yourself in activity at the level of God, rather than becoming something like God as a separate or co-creator.

My universe is the same as the universe of science. Only that, to me, the universe of science is self-creative and thus "spiritual" or "divine."

Good luck on getting a scientist to add "spiritual" and "divine" to his or her scientific principals. Not saying it won't happen, but to make sweeping statements to you and science being on the same page is amusing at best.

Of course, one can regard the universe as mundane, a chance outcome of chaotic energy. But I feel and think (and "feel" is the operative word here) that the universe is self-creative and divine.

I had a feeling once..

I might have to amend my previous statements regarding the usefulness of any dialogue you might have regarding the Reverends interest. It seems you both are truly interested in making the conversation about who and what you are.

Must be the conceit/humility thing you mentioned. whistle

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!