*** You are ignoring this user ***
I "Toggle the display of this post"
=======================
'cause it makes for a neater page

BTW,
Quote:
Beginning in my high-school-student days (and even before)--I began focusing on the basic natural sciences (maths, physics, chemistry, biology, botany, geography and the like) including the stories of the great minds, like Copernicus and Galileo, and others, who invented them.

WERE ANY OF THE FIRST SCIENTISTS ATHEISTS AND/OR AGNOSTICS?

Not that I know of! Interestingly, in one way or another, it seems that our first ancestors on this planet--the first to invent speech and writing, the first to become teachers and scientists were also among the first religious people. And, as such, they came from all over this Earth on which our first ancestors lived.

At this point, BTW, there is no evidence that our first ancestors came from other planets.

THE ANCESTRY OF MODERN NORTH AND SOUTH AMERICANS?
What a question! Generally speaking, the names that come to my mind are almost too numerous to mention.

Long before the Vikings and other Europeans came by sea, we have this interesting info about people who may have walked from Asia during the ice age
Quote:
... DNA from the 12,600-year-old skeleton of an infant found in central Montana, scientists have confirmed that early Native Americans descended from ancient Asians, not from Western Europeans, according to a study published in Nature today (February 12). This work, led by ancient DNA expert Eske Willerslev of the University of Copenhagen and his colleagues, marked the first ancient North American genome to have been fully sequenced.
Modern Canada now receives immigrants from all over the world from all kinds of backgrounds, including Egyptian, Persian (which the mother of my three grandchildren is), Zoroastrian, Arabian, African, Hebrew (Jews), Hindu (India), Buddhist, Muslim, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, American, South American, Mexican, Caribbean, Philippine, and so on.

ORGANIZED RELIGIONS
It appears that, in one form or another, virtually all ancient peoples, led by the ruling elite, the clergy and educated classes assumed there is a 'god'-like being, who they called 'God' and who replaced all the ancient gods.

It was proclaimed by them that God created the heavens, the earth and us, in His image. Even to this day, by the leaders of the world religions, there is the assumption that God exists and all of us ought to believe in and worship Him.
===============
THEOLOGICALLY SPEAKING, HOW FREE ARE WE TO EXPLORE OTHER OTHER OPTIONS THAN THEISM?

I NEED TO DO MORE WORK ON THE FOLLOWING IDEAS:

Years ago--using the few basic tools that I then had available--I began exploring and trying find all the evidence I could about the history, nature and function of the god-hypothesis.

Since 325--the time of Constantine (The first Christian Roman Emperor)--Monotheists have argued that, as proclaimed in the Christian creeds, God is the One and only true god.

By Him, all the long since defunct--dead, extinct, deceased and ancient mountain gods--are replaced.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org