Originally Posted By: Ellis
In my opinion we have the global resources but we lack even the local will....
Ellis, what about your personal will? This all you are responsible for,your personal will. Touch others and encourage them to do the same.

Here is my affirmation on peace and justice: Let there be peace, and justice, on earth and let it begin with me.

WE NEED A NEW DEFINITION OF WHAT IT MEANS TO BE CHARITABLE
IMO, being charitable is not giving people something for nothing. It is my responsibility to show people they I am willing to give them what I discover that they are worth to me and/or to the community.

When I chose to be prosperous, I became prosperous. The most important thing I can do for others is to encourage them to make the same choice. If I need their services, I will pay for it at an mutually agreed on rate. But I resist the temptation to give them something for nothing. Read what Paul says in 2 Thessalonians 3:10: "He who will not work, let him not eat."

Originally Posted By: Ellis
Rereading the millennium goals makes me realize we should be able to do it. It seems so obvious! Why is it really so difficult?
This may seem cruel, but IMO, the poor are poor because they simply do not will to be otherwise and prosperous. It is up to me--and I was born in very poor circumstances--to help others make the discovery that "Where there is a will, there is a way."

When I decided (willed) to be educated and prosperous, it happened.

Last edited by Revlgking; 07/16/08 03:33 AM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org