So Australians speak of PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES--whether intellectual (mental), physical or spiritual, right?--Interesting! Sounds okay to me.

You say that I, "...still haven't explained your use of the term "poverty minded" as it applies to people with an intellectual disability...."

BTW, IMO, not all "people with intellectual, or other, disabilities" live and die poor. In the USA, the very wealthy Kennedy family had--until she died--an "intellectually disabled" daughter. She lived and died very wealthy.

Also, I know people, here in Canada, who were born into very wealthy families who choose to live on the street, in dire poverty. I was at the funeral of one such, awhile ago.

Using the good offices of THE FAMILY LIFE FOUNDATION, which I helped found (1973), friends of mine tried, without success, to help such a person. I signed the cheques, which were never cashed.

Do you, in Australia, have any such people, and a name for them? If so, let's hear about it.

Meanwhile, I will call them poverty-minded and/or self-destructive--a pneumatological condition. Unless you come up with a better name.

Good dialogue, Ellis, old girl smile (and well off, too, eh?)!!!

Last edited by Revlgking; 07/21/08 04:36 AM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org