I am sorry TT but that is a pile of mindless rhetoric and about as vacuous and non descript as anyone could write.

All I get is the reality is so vast and different that I could never understand it, but I TT do because I live in the glorious enlightenment of the great and wonderful reality that only I understand.

If there is an omnipotent GOD he sure as hell understands me and my reality. I also can describe my reality because if there is a GOD he gave me the ability to describe and articulate my reality which I did in my answer.

However this statement to me was the most strange

Originally Posted By: TT
You created the ego. Can you defy yourself?

The blunt answer is not only can you it is generally a requirement of life that you be able to ... the fact you don't recognize that fact slightly alarms me if you are offering life advice.

You = your own ego for someone with an ego fetish such as yourself I would have thought that was a given. To behave in civilized way it is manifest upon you to not only recognize your wants and desires but to be able to control them.

That is actually the whole point to the question of whether you can defy GOD because it goes to the responsibility of behavior which is the ultimate point of the freedom of choice question.

To show how vacuous your answer is to me I will compare to other religions I know about enough to write on a postage stamp but I am pretty sure I can answer the free choice question in them.

Let me try Rev K's religion answer on the matter and I know scant little about it but I know that people have freedom of choice.

Let's see if I am right Rev K can you check this answer

I am sure he follows the 3 main concepts of Methodist founders

1.People are all, by nature, "dead in sin," and, consequently, "children of wrath."
2.They are "justified by faith alone."
3.Faith produces inward and outward holiness.

If I am reading this right then people are born with freedom of choice to choose to follow the light of god or not. I am not sure what happens if you do or do not follow the light of god but I get that much.

How did I do Rev K?

I can also give you a quick version of the main Islamic view

1. Humans are the greatest of all creatures, created with free will for the purpose of obeying and serving God in a test of their good/evil nature.

2. All humans are born in Al-Fitra, a natural state of submission to Allah (Pure in normal speak).

3. Mankind's chief failing is pride because pride thereby damages the unity of God. Thus pride is Islam's cardinal sin nothing must come before you and god and you must submit to god always.

4. When you die there comes a judgement of your life ... you know the story Heaven and Hell.

I am still confused if I have free choice or not under your reality, belief, god??? You do a lot of talking about reality but you never seem to answer the question unambiguously it's always realities within realities.

Last edited by Orac; 09/27/13 08:09 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.