Orac, and Fellow philosophers, perhaps this, thanks to Rede..., will help us get back on the track of this thread:

Originally Posted By: redewenur
Sam Harris has spoken so eloquently on these matters that he could save a lot of time and unnecessary posts here. While he may not be a God-given authority (!), he's well worth listening to.
Text:
http://www.samharris.org/site/about/ ...

=====================================
Rede..., Thanks for reminding me of:
THE END OF FAITH?
================
Sam Harris is the author of the New York Times bestsellers, The End of Faith, Letter to a Christian Nation, and The Moral Landscape. The End of Faith won the 2005 PEN Award for Nonfiction.

Mr. Harris's writing has been published in over fifteen languages. He and his work have been discussed in Newsweek, TIME, The New York Times, Scientific American, Nature, Rolling Stone, and many other journals. His writing has appeared in Newsweek, The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, The Economist, The Times (London), The Boston Globe, The Atlantic, The Annals of Neurology, and elsewhere.

Mr. Harris is a Co-Founder and CEO of Project Reason, a nonprofit foundation devoted to spreading scientific knowledge and secular values in society. He received a degree in philosophy from Stanford University and a Ph.D. in neuroscience from UCLA.
===========================

BTW, as one with G.O.D. and in G.O.D., like Harris, I embrace REASON. Faith, for me, has had its day. I now pursue THE BEGINNING OF KNOWLEDGE.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org