So in establishing a reference to pneuma and any therapy, is the reference point on the physical body or the underlying cause and affect to its health?

Obviously any reference to the previous statement of the Rev.'s claims to his cats longevity is suspect. Was the cats pneuma in trouble prior to therapeutic intervention, or was the body broken?
It may be the cat(s) was destined or predisposed to live a healthy life.

Obviously, anyone who is going to subject themselves to a belief system is going to find themselves solidifying their beliefs in the face of unsubstantiated facts within the personal idea of reality.

If we are going to be speaking interms of the soul or spirit, and any relationship to that, does one base the relationship on experience or on belief?

We've all had experiences with changing and conflicting beliefs, and it becomes all too convenient to judge the beliefs of others when it conflicts with our own. Take the recent discussion regarding snake oil and TM. Tho it works for others there was no hesitation to present the opposing thought and add personal judgment upon the opposing thought and belief.

Tho it works for some to just believe in circumstantial evidence to promote ones own ideas, it doesn't necessarily work for others.

Religion is founded on faith that God exists. The profits who inspired the faith in religion like Buddha and Jesus, spoke of their direct experience with that which they spoke of.
The religionists speak of their belief in what was said.

The great masters spoke of the approach to direct experience, but religionists believe such experiences are beyond mortal comprehension and experience. The results of the prescribed belief systems and the leaders of such prescriptions have in the past lead followers down a destructive path where one must accept what cannot be experienced or suffer the damnation of hell and brimstone.
Those who don't outwardly threaten, still live by their own judgments of the opposing beliefs and condemn silently.

Is it Possible to know and experience pneuma, or is it just somethinge to believe in?

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!