Quote:
THE DAILY HOOT
--a blog, by the Wise Old Owl, aka, W.O.O.
================
Quote:
Feel free to call me WOO. I am known as the one with ears so sharp, some believe I can see in the dark. I am always pleased to share my latest HOOT with anyone interested. Here it is:

Sitting in my favourite tree just before dawn last weekend, I heard Bryan the lion, attempting to have a conversation with someone.

At first, it sounded like a friendly dialogue, with a turtle no less, whose only means of communication it seems is a form of mental telepathy.

At first, things seemed to go quite well. But, eventually things got so heated that what started off as a conversation became a debate of the "you-are-wrong-and-I-am-right" kind. More than that, it became a a noisy argument.
Naturally, Bryan started to roar--and I do not blame him-- like a lion:
Quote:
PROVIDE YOUR BLOODY DEFINITION OF THE WORD [God?].
To this he quickly added,
Quote:
This isn't rocket science, you know. (And) whining that my definition doesn't work for you gets us no closer to any meaningful discussion.
Refusing to define 'God' Turtle mumbled
Quote:
No
then, mentally [Muttering to himself] he said
Quote:
it would be impossible to speak of God if you don't have an open door to the reality of God since you don't accept God as a word or subject of reality.
Getting hungrier and hungrier for some tasty food, Bryan the lion, made one more try to get on with what what he really had in mind, eating, and [his sharp mind picking up the mutter], he added
Quote:
This is a false equivalence. I don't have to believe in a thing - or a possibility of a thing - to discuss it. Anything which can be conceptualized can be discussed. You, however, refuse to allow any form of conceptualization (i.e. a definition within which we can work) and ergo, a discussion is pointless.
Quote:
"Pointless?" Bryan. Of course it is! What else can be expected from a voiceless Turtle. However, all is not lost. For me at least it provides material for one of my daily HOOTS! laugh

==================

Last edited by Revlgking; 03/01/13 04:30 AM. Reason: a

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org