Originally Posted By: Anonymous
...What would really be amazing is if you could find the same "experience,"in every spelling of God, rather than the one you worship. You might actually get closer to God in all forms. Your fascination for symbolism, hoping that it might reflect your unique intelligence and individuality actually reveals your ignorance of something that goes far beyond individual specialness and the acronyms that are created to polish the ego.
Ah, but I do "find the same experience". Thus I do not insist that anyone use my words. This is why I respect, without making any kind of judgment about their egos, how others speak of their 'god'. For example, Orthodox Jews use 'G-d'.

BTW, thanks for the dialogue. We have a lot to explore. I understand that, in love, it OK to disagree.

As Jesus told us not to judge, I have no judgment of them, or of theists, or deists (Both have quite different kinds of theology) when they use the same word, God.

BTW 2, how is it that so many Christians are so different from one another and, yet, they say that they believe in the same God? This is even true for a lot of born-again Christians. If God is a singular person, why does he not come to us, directly, and make it clear to all, willing to listen, what is the truth. Even an atheist will tell us: "I do not believe in God." I always ask, "Which God is it that you find unbelievable?"

May I suggest: It seems to me that a personal god would have a personal URL. Why doesn't God? It could be the NOW Bible.

Based on Matthew 18:19-20, I will, gladly, in prayer, ask him: "God, please feel free to join us... Anyone care to join me?

UNITHEISM
Unitheism does not have this problem.

How come, you may ask?

Because GOD--or GØD--for a unitheist is not a concrete, human-like person, or three-D super being. But rather that which is universal--in and through all that is--and all encompassing. Read John 10:34 and John 17: 20-24. "That all may be one..."

CHECK OUT PROCESS THEOLOGY
==========================
http://www.process-theology.org/
Quote:
Process Theology is an acknowledgement that contemporary understanding of God and God's expression through creation, including human beings, is always in "process" and never complete. That is to say that Process Theology is unlike traditional theologies in that it is not static. The idea that our understanding of God should be "the same yesterday, today, and forever" is thus rejected in Process theology. It recognizes that our understanding of truth, especially as it relates to concepts of God and human beings, is in need of progressive growth. It embraces the idea that the best of human nature is continually being nudged in the direction of growth and improvement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Process_theology

Last edited by Revlgking; 06/17/08 10:07 PM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org