Originally Posted By: Revlgking
Spirit? IMO, Bill, there are at least three components (essential parts) to that which I think of as spirituality. The components are body, mind and spirit--that is, soma, psyche and pneuma:

SOMA (body)
somatically speaking, spirit, for me, is as real as the very air (pneumatos) we breathe. Without taking our next breath, we would all be physically dead.

PSYCHE (mind)
Psychically and psychologically, speaking, we are who we are as the result our heredity and total social environment, of the way we have been trained and educated. In my opinion being cut off from this and condemned to live in solitary confinement would, for me and most people, be a fate worse than physical death.

PNEUMA (spirit)

Pneumatologically, or spiritually, speaking, It IS ... and there is more, much more to be said, ad infinitum.

Meanwhile, a pneumatolocial welcome to qqjones. I assume he will allow us to keep up with the Joneses.:)

IT is...
Is according to the temporary assessment of the ego in the accumulation of individual thoughts that are belief and opinion?
IS subject to the conditions of sex, age, health, IQ, race, cultural/political and religious upbringing?
IS slave to the human conditions?

Now we're in the same mindset that created God as a personality with all the human emotions, weaknesses and judgments.
The SPIRIT of the religionists.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!