THE MEDIA AND RELIGION
Years ago, when I served in a church in Willowdale, North Toronto (1966-1994), what I said in my sermons about god, the family, social issues, and the like often appeared in a column I wrote for a North Toronto weekly paper, THE MIRROR--part of the Toronto Star. What I said, especially about 'god', often shocked traditionalists, but it did get the attention of the media.

Of course, I AM STILL AT IT. Take a look at yesterday's issue of the National Post, Canada.

THE NATIONAL POST, CANADA, AND THE RELIGIONS
RECENTLY, IT EDITORIALIZED THAT IT REALLY LOVES COVERING ALL ASPECTS--PRO AND CON--OF ALL RELIGIONS

Interested in stimulating readers to write, openly, about their religious beliefs, or lack of them, especially about God. The Letters-page editor, yesterday, published a full page of letters in answer to the question: DO YOU BELIEVE IN A GOD?

There were letters from all kind of believers, and non-believers, including agnostics and atheists, Interestingly, in answer to the question, he placed my letter as the first in the spot which he titled: OTHER ANSWERS.

Here is an edited version of what I wrote:

Imagine! The Post giving readers across Canada an opportunity to talk about God, openly.

I wrote that, As a theologian (Boston University, 1955), my answer in a word is, no! However, I am not an atheist.

As I have said elsewhere, in harmony with the great psychologist, Carl Jung, I prefer saying: I have no need to believe in a god; I know and experience G~O~D, in and through all things, seen and unseen, including people.

The acronym G~O~D stands, not for a masculine and human-like idol of a god, commonly called "God", but for all that is good, orderly and desirable.

How many really believe in the opposite of this? Surely not people, including atheists, or any who are basically good and descent people.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org