Originally Posted By: Revlgking
I am certain that Kate is more than willing to be part of a dialogue with all of us who write to this thread.
If she were interested she would have already.

The subject at hand seems to be mired by a need within certain individuals, to approach it strictly as one would themselves.
Any direction other than that which appeals to the individual seems to create a glitch in temperament. shocked

Both You and Orac seem sidetracked by your emotional attachments.
Neither of you seem to be able to have the ability to express something without it being revered by another in the same way you attach yourself to your own beliefs about yourselves..
Identification with pride often gets in the way.

Originally Posted By: Orac
It is just inane posturing I don't think it needs moderation just call it what it is.

But then let each who sees it the way they do, call it the way they want to see it, without getting upset because someone doesn't fit everything into your box, or approach it the same way.
If you want to insist everyone clone their experiences to yours you will have trouble in the world.

It follows a standard template

Who derives these systems of labeling what is normal and abnormal? Psychology is not a science.

You believe or say x ... TT oh you don't understand x it's not your reality .... so explain x TT .... oh I can't you don't understand the reality.

You are generalizing all conversations based on your frustration within a single conversation.
You thanked me in another conversation for answering a question that you asked.
If you are insisting,(like the reverend does) that I perform to your expectations, then I would suggest you live your life that way to suit you. Don't expect others to follow tho. The example to free will is in the living, not in the definitions and explanations. If you have to explain yourself to anyone to be free, you have no freedom. You gave that away when you decided you had to meet another's demands.

I watched him do it to every conversation, I thought Paul might get along with TT, but he even did it to Paul who just threw his hands in the air in the end.

Paul seemed a bit less involved in his approach, in that he didn't appear beat his head against the wall like you and the rev. do.
I actually admire the fact that he takes all of the abuse you give him without compromising himself.
Both you and the Reverend seem to like to manipulate thru intimidation, intimating the majority rule. The reverend also likes to use the occasional threat. Psychologically speaking, these tendencies would be a reflection of fear.(but then again psychology is not a science)

What frustrates most, is that when the conditioned mind (ego) is pushed outside the familiar box, it reacts.
Some are adventurous, innocent or curious and move into new ways of thinking, while others who are set in their ways get downright ornery when exposed to something that isn't routine.

The funny part is what TT hates most being labeled and boxed

No, I don't. I just don't have a need or desire to do that to myself, in the same way you do to yourselves. wink

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!