Originally Posted By: Rev Pneumatology King
Originally Posted By: Bill S.
...This is supposed to be a science based forum.
Good idea, Bill! Keeping in mind that this is the philosophy and not-quite-science (NQS) section, let's do it. Bill S, any suggestions you, or anyone, have as to HOW to accomplish this, will be welcomed.

My suggestion? In the spirit of agape, may I suggest that theology, pneumatology psychology, sociology, etc. ... fill in the blanks ... are, IMO, all worthy of attention.

First question.. Rev. Says "let's DO IT"
Let's do what? Make this a science based forum, or make all that's in the forum science based? Or fill in all the Rev. Sees as blanks with Pneumatology?
Could Bill possibly be a bit clearer in what he is referring to before Rev. Pneumatology defines what is being implied?
Some thoughts about science and the Rev's Sermon on the mount..
1) this is a not quite science thread. Might have to do away with it. Since lots o' folks seem to look but not participate, it may not be such a loss.
2)Is psychology a science? I've read where the scientific community doesn't recognize psychiatry as a science, is there any similarity in the way science perceives psychology?
3)You're gonna have trouble with Theology as a science as long as God or G~O~D or G%O%D..., or any other personal variations upon spiritual and physical counterparts remains unidentifiable within the measure of scientific instruments, and suspect to the definitions of religions or a product of delusion or psychosis.
4)Pneuma and Pneumatology. What is the science of pneuma as it fits into Pneumatology when Pneumatology is defined by a blend of characteristics called mind, body, and spirit?
Obviously science is still working on unraveling the mind and the body.
Is there scientific reference to the validity of the soul or spirit, or any scientific exploration or validation currently in progress?

Last edited by Tutor Turtle; 05/22/12 02:48 AM. Reason: had to "DO IT"

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!