Revlgking, revising my original post I asked: Are you not forgetting something?
I don't call GOD "nature". I prefer just using GOD. I can conceive of GOD as Over-all and non-material being, not 'a' being. All we call nature exists in GOD.

IMSO, as non-material being, GOD includes and interpenetrates matter and nature. G0d in nature, and in us, accounts for the process we call evolution. Now that our physical bodies have evolved to the level that we are conscious of our consciousness, we have reached the point where we now have a golden opportunity.

This opportunity is of the same magnitude as that when minerals evolved into plants; plants into animals; animals into prehistoric human-like beings and then into homo sapiens--cromagnon man and the like who became us.

The practical implication of all this is: By the simple act of GOD-like will (love) you and I can speed up this evolutionary process; improve our ability to make the right and natural selections; overcome pain, suffering, and I hope and believe, that we can demonstrate that there truly is life after death of the body.

This could mean that there is available to us a new and Star-Trek like or spiritual body. In this body we will really begin to take that trek into what we no call outer space, and go where no one has gone before.

But, if we, as an individuals, refuse to make this choice, consciously and freely, we will miss out on this golden opportunity. Do you still insist on saying:
Quote:
Yes, I have trouble understanding that.
Perhaps you resist too much! smile
Quote:
What else can there be besides nature?
LOTS! in my opinion
Quote:
I assume we accept that man-made things count as natural in this context.
Of Course!
THE BOTTOM LINE, FOR ME IS
I Will it. I use agape/love to be and do good for all concerned, including myself. When we do this, it is GOD-like. If not, it is something I will do my best to avoid as the evil, or sin (deliberate evil), it is.

Quote:
Quote:
OK, sure. But how is that connected with GOD?
In an infinite number of ways.
Quote:
I see two distinct ideas - GOD and GOD-like. If you never had the GOD...would GOD-like still be just as satisfactory
I can use both, as needed.

Last edited by Revlgking; 06/16/11 06:54 AM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org