Originally Posted By: samwik

=== So, what do you think about the Creation Care and "Farmer's Almanac" ideas, or the "days" of Creation and the "eighth" day caretakers...
Sam, is that a question? If so, what do you mean by the word's I've underlined?_____________

I ask also about:
Quote:
or the life everlasting and the afterlife after life ideas..."

or ...how "Do unto others..." might apply to the planet, as if the planet were an other ...of God's creatures... worthy of being acknowledged and naturally deserving respect, honor, etc....
Have I not made it clear by now that I no longer think of a god with dimensions--one who is a supernatural human-like person?

BTW, check how I sign my posts. For me 'god', ideally speaking, is a concept way beyond any kind of limitation. IMO, a 'god' who exists, mentally or physically, may be a work of art, like a beautiful statue, but it is mindless and powerless.

Did you hear the Woody Allen quote: "If God exists, I hope he has a good excuse ..."

To this I will add a "why" question: "If there is a god who exists, why does he not give us explanation as to what he is thinking and wills?

Is it impertinent for us to ask: "God, why do you allow so much pain and suffering, especially the kind inflicted on the innocent and on children, on the planet we call 'mother earth?' "

No, I am not an atheist. I simply want us to have a dialogue about life, including a new kind of secular and non-sectarian theism (currently I call it unitheism/unideism--note the combination of ideas)--one which is ready to willingly and lovingly partner with the sciences and the arts in the great work of making, at least this planet, "a thing of beauty and a joy forever" (John Keats).

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org