Originally Posted By: Ellis
TT You like to pick up hair-thin nuances. Mr Shakespeare and I wrote 'the stuff that dreams are made on' not 'the stuff that dreams are made of'. A very subtle but actually entirely different meaning.

Semantics I suppose..
(Of/on) Dreams have beginnings and endings in the beliefs of the minds of humans and some believe they themselves begin and end with the birth and death of the body. Those who believe differently will argue, while somewhere in the creation of space and time exists an answer that supersedes the conflicting beliefs of humans identification with their present collection of experiences.
Ancient writings of immortality and the holy grail in the philosophers stone, NDE's, religion, science... all add to the conflicting ideas. While science explores the universe and continues to establish theories and testimony to greater realities of knowledge and awareness of the physical world, and spiritualists and philosophers search for answers to why we are here and ways to elevate compassion and love to eradicate suffering disease and war, others will accept that this is as good as it gets or give all responsibility to change the world around themselves to others or their belief that nature is in charge, taking all free will to be subject to the evolution of humanity and the changing universe, (or the sh*t happens rule).

Originally Posted By: Ellis

The existence of a greater reality is a belief, (and I think that it is not 'just a belief' as for many it is the belief to which they dedicate their life).

I believe in neither a greater reality, having found this one enough to be to be going on with, nor the existence of a soul. And I do not think that animals have beliefs. Only we humans torture ourselves with existentialism.
We all create the perspective reality that we live in.. The created reality around us we leave to the responsibility of others or we put upon ourselves the responsibility of co-creation with the forces of nature (whatever may be responsible for the creation of time/space and all that is perceived within it).
Either we are all right in the subjective determinism we live within, all wrong, or there is an objective reality greater than all the conflicting subjective idealisms created thru egoic filtering of limited perception.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!