Natural Religion: Belief in God based on the application of reason on the laws/designs of Nature as opposed to revealed religion which is based on alleged revelations.

Philosophy: The study of the truths and principles of being, knowledge, or conduct.
Originally Posted By: Revlgking
BILL S, ET AL: A PHILOSOPHY OF RELIGION WORTH SOME DEEP THOUGHT--IT IS DEISM

Philosophy studies belief, it in itself such as deism, is not a belief. It (Philosophy) seeks to extend itself beyond any particular belief system

Apparently, over the years this philosophy has attracted a lot scientists and all who appreciate and value the moral and true use of KNOWLEDGE (science)--for good, and not for evil.

That is your belief and opinion, not necessarily the reality of scientific opinion, which doesn't share your ideas of good and evil.
You've been trying to get Bryan to engage with you regarding your ideals, and you seem to give him credit as being a scientist. Here is what he says about good and bad:
Originally Posted By: ImagingGeek

We simply are. Good and bad are human concepts that lack any sort of existence in the real world.
Bryan

UNIDEISM? Interestingly, I just checked and found that this word is not in Wikipedia, yet. Perhaps we need this neologism. Hmmmmm! Goes well with the idea of unitheism.

In the ideal world anything can be idealized to fit the personal belief system.

We have the power to say yes, or no, to choose good, or evil.

Identification with good and evil creates the borderline between idealized personal belief systems. It's how the church manipulated humanity into destroying the enemies of the church. All you need is to identify the good and the evil and you set the stage for division and judgment.
Neutrality tends to support evil.
Especially when evil is not supporting the system of division and influence, to define reality and God.

As the famous quote of Edmund Burke goes: "All that evil needs to succeed is for good people to do nothing."
Yet blindly following idealisms without knowledge, understanding and experience, is just plain ignorance.

There are plenty who will take up a standard and a sword to fight for a cause, and many of them have nothing to fight for but a belief.

Interpretation of nature and reality is going to be subjective.

If we use the ongoing disagreement in the terms and beliefs of science as demonstrated by Orac and ImagingGeek/Bryan in the "scars of human evolution" discussion, we can observe that science has not formed a unified agreement in determinations, or policies of observaton.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!