Originally Posted By: paul
this is the part that lost me.

Quote:
Philosophy of Religions

Quote:
Philosophy is the study of general and fundamental problems, such as those connected with reality, existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language

of

Quote:
Religion is an organized collection of beliefs, cultural systems, and world views that relate humanity to the supernatural, and to spirituality.

6,000,000 + views later.

the reality of spirituality !

Holy Crap! Someone actually got close to getting it.

The philosophy of religion and it's emergence into humanity is in essence the thread even science follows to asking the question why are we here, or what and who are we?
Are we separate from the Universe or part of it? Did the Universe create man or did whatever created the universe create man as a necessary part the Universe?

Too bad it went into the direction of Who I am is what makes me, and the universe is according to the who I am kinda theme.

God being created in the image of man is what religion is all about, being it is a system of shifting beliefs as well as the separation of beliefs. Often the philosophers (self proclaimed at least) seem to want to sit inside their jar and imagine what's out side of it, based on the experience of the inside of the jar.

None of the great masters who came about, proclaiming their experience of reality said their beliefs or experiences were a religion. That notion was created by the followers who imagined what they heard, based on where they were at in their own minds. Which was standing outside of the others experience thinking about what they heard.

The Churches were created to gather those of like mind who aspired to find the peace and divinity of union with the creative principal in the all that is, inside of themselves, that was spoken of by the masters who had inspired them.
When it became a democratic process of imagined projections it turned itself away from the inner exploration described by the masters, who proclaimed the essence of reality was inside of each individual.. (I and my Father are ONE kinda thing.

With the authority stepping in to direct the masses toward their agenda in maintaining the standard of God on the outer level of experience and belief, all systems created were like the school systems of government control.

What man should know became a project of the authority, and what man is taught the property of those who who would claim to know what is best for man and man's purpose and function as a society.

Today, governments and cultures of difference help to exemplify the difference in opinion regarding what Man should have, desire and how we should be governed.

Even what a man is worth.
Thanks Reverend for making that example quite clear within your religious belief.

Sometimes you have to tear down one house to build another to make improvements in both function and lifestyle.

6 million is nothing compared to the Billions who came before this moment in time to bring us to this point of death and the birth of a new moment that will create a future that will be nothing like this time. That future will remember us and this time like most see the past today. One of archaic superstitions and simplistic ideas that were replaced by their present systems of measuring the nature of reality and humanity within it.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!