Originally Posted By: Revlgking
So a small-minded genius (?) continues to hope and pray for the failure of others. SAD!

Not hardly. Just hoping the topic will show a change when you decide not to make it just about you and your need for attention.
You keep advertizing the fact that YOU started this topic (as sad as you may be regarding its obvious failure to draw any serious contributors) and that it has had X number of hits. I merely state the obvious. The fact that YOU started it, and the fact that it has X number of hits, does not change the fact that there is very little interest regardless of how many people drive by without stopping. You could blame it on people like me if you wanted to but of you look at the numbers before I got involved or even when I took leave of this topic for a period, very little of the conversation took a direction towards the topic at hand. In fact you seem to take it more off topic than most, to try and steer the conversation towards you and your history of self proclaimed accomplishments dropping names here and there of people you would like to claim close association.

I can accept the fact that you once had the attention of those of whom you stood before on the pulpit. Those that were of a mind to give you the attention you must have gotten used to, and I can understand your sadness and the shock that seems to overcome you now in the absence of the adoration of your flock as you once knew it to be. But then I guess it's time to see the light and get on with life where others might experience that it's not about you and your opinions.
Originally Posted By: Revlgking

Me? I was hoping we really did have a truly agape-kind of genius among us. I'm shocked shocked! and sad to report that we do not.
Well then. Shocked and sad tho you may be. Perhaps it is a sign that something has to change regarding the topic and the subjective repetitive sidelining towards your personal opinion.
Love of God is not conditional. Sometimes it inspires us to get over ourselves. But if you are looking for that loving feeling, and that is what you want God to be about. Then I suggest you go back to the Church and seek others who would wish to make God a religion regarding good feelings and unity of belief, rather than a God of Universal proportions that goes beyond the personal opinion and the personal shock and disappointment that comes with the attachment to the personal belief system.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!