Originally Posted By: Tutor Turtle
Originally Posted By: Revlgking
*** You are ignoring this user *** Thanks for reminding me! laugh

Quote:
At your age I'm sure you need all the reminding you can get.

Not so fast, TT!
No need to tire your brain jumping at conclusions. Both Jean (now 85) and I--who will be 85, next January 14--are now "ROADS SCHOLARS"--not to be confused with "Rhodes"--if you get the pun which "I"--egotist that I AM-- created, eh!

Since we both turned 80--that was in 2009 for Jean and 2010, for me--every 2 years, we have to have our eyes tested, and take a long written test on driving and the rules of the road.

At this point, both of us have been "Roads (Rhodes) scholars" since we turned 80. We have also helped encourage others not to fear having to go through the process.

THOSE NOT INTERESTED IN PERSONAL STORIES--if I bore you, feel free to put me on IGNORE ... I tell the following story because it is about what really happened to me. About how I put my fear aside and made practical use of my THINKING AND THE IMAGINATION, and learned how the mind can be used to guide us in time of need.

As I recall, my self-awareness, my consciousness, began to evolve sometime between 1932 to 1934! When I was 4 going on 5, I remember thinking and using my imagination to draw life-like people and animals. Others were amazed.

I could even make animals, and people, not just snowmen, out of snow. As I soon discovered that I could do this, and the more I did it, the more it worked.

Looking back, I suspect that the fact that, at an early age, I vividly remember the deaths (all caused by TB)--in their 20s--of my oldest brother and sister (who had just lost her husband and two children.) is what shocked me into "awareness"--Between 2 to 5 years old things began to happen.

I know I remember well the illness and death of our mother, who died, of TB, in the summer of 1935. I even wondered about the power of thought and imagination. I thought to myself: If she had used it, I wondered if it would have helped!

LIFE-THREATENING WINTER STORMS HAPPEN

The winter (1934-1935) before mother died, as I remember, experienced its share of life-threatening winter storms. Without a radio or a phone in our house, we had no warning of such storms.

The day I almost lost my life in one such storm, started off as a clear winter's day in the winter 1935.

I think it was a Saturday. Then, miners worked ten hours a day--in mid winter, they never saw the sun, and SUNDAY was the only holiday. No schooling, in our area, in winter.

About noon hour, my mother being ill in bed and my father and older brothers being at work in the iron ore mines, and would not be home until after dark, around 6:00 PM--and there being lot of good snow on the ground, and no storm in sight, I decided to go out sledding, all alone.

Later, after I met a friend in the area, we travelled to the hills at the edge of the island, north west and quite a distance from our homes and others houses--a vast and vacant area.

As long as it was sunny and clear, we had great fun!

By the late and mid-afternoon, I recall, the weather began to change, suddenly, for the worse. My friend took off for his house not far from there.

"See you tomorrow, if it is not stormy ..." he shouted

Then I took off to try and find my way home. I knew I was more than an hour away. Over the next hour, the storm got worse and worse. And the wind became dangerously cold. And I got totally lost.

The only thing that came to mind was: THINK & USE YOUR IMAGINATION!

I wonder if father and the others made it home? Once, they find out that I left the house, I know they will come looking for me ... I'll send them a mental message ... How will they know if I went to a friend's house, or not?

Meanwhile, it had become--just like in the old story--a "dark and stormy night" and I was lost in it.

[It is getting late. I will finish the story, tomorrow.]

=================================================
However if you are speaking of " this user " as yourself being ignored.. I would disagree. I've never ignored you rev. I just don't happen to filter my thoughts the way you do, by traveling thru your particular land of make believe.

Last edited by Revlgking; 04/20/14 05:48 AM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org