Originally Posted By: Revlgking
Originally Posted By: Revlgking
Many People take what is commonly call the Holy Bible as the literal word of God--a supernatural and human like being who was, is and will always be.

People who literally believe that the God of the OT and/or the person-like God of traditional theism--as mentioned in the NT and in our regular prayers--are probably already stoned laugh

Now, I hope, you will probably understand why it is that I insist that we forget about the objective-kind of God, one with dimensions, and start thinking about GØD in a new way. smile
Well, well, well! A note from the past (2007? I think). I just came across it while doing some browsing.

At that time I was already aware of the Ø (null)--a special kind of 0, zero--but, until recently, I was not aware of another useful symbol, the tilde[~]. Let's explore its value.

The tilde? Look for it on the upper-left row of keys with numbers. It is the first key, just above Tab & below Esc--in the upper case and above ` . It is on my PC keyboard, how about yours? Is it, I wonder, on all PCs, now--now check yours and let me know, OK!

In literature, there are all kinds of acronyms--for example, UNESCO (United Nations, Educational, Scientific, and Cultural, Organization). They are words formed from the first letters of other words. Other examples are:

INRI (Latin for Jesus of Nazareth King of the Jews) See John 19: 19-22. It is about Pilate's order that words be written above the head of Jesus on the cross.

Other examples: ASAP--as soon as possible; ones we all know: CBC, CNN, PBS, NBC, USA ... all are tildes, or titles. In maths, [~] is used to indicate approximation, process and progression.

At the time, the point I had in mind and was trying to make, then and now, is this:

Let us not be too stubborn or afraid to admit that atheists make a valid point when they say that there is no material evidence that gods, or any one of a number of so-called one true God, and saintly helpers like Santa, numerous other saints, angels and the like, exist as three-dimensional beings.

Just as there is such a thing as a mythic Santa based on a kind of reality, IMO, there can also be a mythic God based on a kind of reality. Myth is not just a pack of lies. But to believe that "the mythic Santa" exists as a reality, today, is to believe in an illusion.

This is the basis of the book, The GOD Delusion, by the famous militant atheist, Richard Dawkins, 2008, which I have read and have underlined--questions welcomed. [More on this important theme] Believe me, there are options other than theism and atheism: cool

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org