Originally Posted By: Orac
I am sorry TT but that is a pile of mindless rhetoric and about as vacuous and non descript as anyone could write.
I'm sure that's why you continue. Nothing like a good argument over a vacuous and nondescript subject

All I get is the reality is so vast and different that I could never understand it, but I TT do because I live in the glorious enlightenment of the great and wonderful reality that only I understand.

Yeah I got that when you wrote this:
..clinging to illusions we create, even despite demonstrable evidence to the contrary dominates most of our views on things... the need and want to create a solid world is just another aspect of that.

Probably why anything outside of personal illusions become so nondescript and vacuous. What isn't shaped to fit in the personal hole, just has no place in the world.

If there is an omnipotent GOD he sure as hell understands me and my reality. I also can describe my reality because if there is a GOD he gave me the ability to describe and articulate my reality which I did in my answer.

Then you subscribe to the Reverends point of view. Reality is a personal opinion that suits you and services that opinion.
Gee... I wonder who created that. whistle

However this statement to me was the most strange

Originally Posted By: TT
You created the ego. Can you defy yourself?

The blunt answer is not only can you it is generally a requirement of life that you be able to ... the fact you don't recognize that fact slightly alarms me if you are offering life advice.
Why would you want to?

You = your own ego for someone with an ego fetish such as yourself I would have thought that was a given.

You are what created the ego. If you identify with what you created and cease to become the creator, so much for you and those who sleep. No one can make you see anything other than what you choose to imagine yourself to be.
You might even have an edge to the world that can be sailed to where you can jump off. eek
To behave in civilized way it is manifest upon you to not only recognize your wants and desires but to be able to control them.
So all the questions you posed to the idea of free will was just rhetoric. You yourself are a closed system of beliefs, and in your absolute state of self only observe the distortions of reality that are those who pass by your castle walls.

That is actually the whole point to the question of whether you can defy GOD because it goes to the responsibility of behavior which is the ultimate point of the freedom of choice question.

In order to objectify yourself against something you have to know what it is you are discussing. When it comes to God, you've only demonstrated that you have the will to form an opinion. (Limited as it is to religious nonsense)

To show how vacuous your answer is to me I will compare to other religions I know about enough to write on a postage stamp but I am pretty sure I can answer the free choice question in them.

By demonstrating your lack of understanding, you might impress upon me why you fail to put different ideas together?
You've already accomplished that, how about doing something different.

Let me try Rev K's religion answer on the matter and I know scant little about it

Ah yes, the projection of stereotypes.
but I know that people have freedom of choice.

Is will and choice the same thing?

Let's see if I am right Rev K can you check this answer

I am sure he follows the 3 main concepts of Methodist founders

1.People are all, by nature, "dead in sin," and, consequently, "children of wrath."
2.They are "justified by faith alone."
3.Faith produces inward and outward holiness.

Being that the Reverend is seeking allies he will probably be gentle with you. If I were to make that statement to him he would probably use your opening line:
Quote:

I am sorry TT but that is a pile of mindless rhetoric and about as vacuous and non descript as anyone could write.

I'm sure he'll find a way to use it regardless. He's torqued already when it comes to me and loves to use anyone's flaming comments so he doesn't appear to be alone.

If I am reading this right then people are born with freedom of choice to choose to follow the light of god or not. I am not sure what happens if you do or do not follow the light of god but I get that much.

How did I do Rev K?

Yer using the rev's definition of God?
Wait! Do you know what that is, or are you making an assumption based on the Methodists again?

I can also give you a quick version of the main Islamic view

1. Humans are the greatest of all creatures, created with free will for the purpose of obeying and serving God in a test of their good/evil nature.

2. All humans are born in Al-Fitra, a natural state of submission to Allah (Pure in normal speak).

3. Mankind's chief failing is pride because pride thereby damages the unity of God. Thus pride is Islam's cardinal sin nothing must come before you and god and you must submit to god always.

4. When you die there comes a judgement of your life ... you know the story Heaven and Hell.

If I use your logic, you are an Islamist

I am still confused if I have free choice or not under your reality, belief, god???

I can tell. Might be because you come up with so many ideas that only adhere to your predisposed beliefs of the subject matter. Gotta open your mind. Don't worry what you got in there won't fall out. I hope.. wink
You do a lot of talking about reality but you never seem to answer the question unambiguously it's always realities within realities.

I remember when I was in school, and I wanted to ask the teacher how to spell a word. The response was, "look it up in the dictionary." Back then I thought, how was I was supposed to spell the world I didn't know how to spell, so I could look it up?

Basically I think there was a logic in the idea that when someone wants to know something they actually apply themselves rather than demand someone else do the work for them.

The other most obvious piece of the puzzle is that when someone stands in defiance of something, they will like to have someone prove to them what they already believe is untrue, so they can stand behind their castle walls without ever feeling their kingdom could be threatened by any other opposing forces. whistle

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!